54” John Deere 727a deck

hiawassee1

So to continue off my initial post, once we got the mower home and off the trailer, the deck is bowed. Which in turn has caused the spindles to be outta wack, and the blades catch each other. Gonna need a replacement deck, any recommendations as to where to find one reasonably??? This is outta my pocket not insurance!!
thanks, J.R.

B. White

Bowed could mean a lot, but depending on how bad it may be worth an afternoon with a sledge hammer around the spindle attach points. It doesn't sound like you have anything to lose and have to remove anyways.

transfixer

Bowed could mean a lot, but depending on how bad it may be worth an afternoon with a sledge hammer around the spindle attach points. It doesn't sound like you have anything to lose and have to remove anyways.

Maybe , but I learned once those decks get out of whack, its almost impossible to get them back right, my 42in JD deck was only a two blade, once the area around the spindles got bent, I could never get it to cut smooth again, even though I thought I had the tips of the blades even with each other, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new deck, now it cuts smooth as it did when it was new. X300 mower was 14yrs old then, deck lasted about 10yrs before it got out of whack, but I admit a lot of that was my fault, I used the thing like a bush hog,

rayjay

I have wailed away on quite a few homeowner type decks with varying sizes of big hammers, levers, hyd jacks, etc. The bigger the deck the thicker the metal the harder it is to move the metal where you need it to go. Commercial decks are the heaviest. Rarely do you get back to the way they were when new. The best you can hope for is to have all the front tips within 1/8" to 1/4" and the back tips higher from 1/8" to 1/2". Nonetheless I would try to get the deck to where it cuts reasonably well. That deck shell is going to be expensive.

If you are a good welder it might be easier to cut out the worst spindle mounting point and weld it back in lever with the others. Or cut it partially free, tweak it back to level and then weld the cut back up.

It will be a wrestling match no matter what. As I mentioned before, you need to closely inspect all the deck hangers and their attachments to the frame. Good luck !!!

hiawassee1

I believe it’s part #

TCA13908
It doesn’t appear to be easy to find the correct part #. When I search that # dang tennis shoes pop up.
If anyone has any suggestions as to where I could possibly find a deck I’d appreciate it

rayjay

The other day I tried that pn on Bomberger's site and it came up as not a valid PN. Call a dealer.