6/22 - Lanier stripers solo

Thread starter #1

FMBear

I was going to sleep in after spending the last 2 mornings out on Lanier. However, when I awoke at 5:00am, I had a feeling to go out. Rarely, especially in summer, do I want to go out by myself, but I figured I'd give it a go and be off the water early.

All I can say is thank goodness my lovely wife got me a Sony Action Cam this past Christmas, as I got to film some fun and hectic chaos on the boat:cool:

The morning started off a bit slow. I was about to move to a different area when I hooked into a 1 lb. spot, and as I reeled it in, a nice 15-20 lb. stripe followed it all the way to my boat. A few moments later I land about a 1.5 lb. stripe on a heavy weighted freeline. So I decided to stick it out and give another large circle through the area with downlines 25-27 feet. I'm glad I did, as I ended up having 3 rods go off. I was lucky to land the 12 lb. stripe, as it truly was chaos. The others broke free. I stayed in the action until about 10am and did a little exploring before heading to the dock by 10:45.

While I've gotten others bigger so far this year, this was a treat this morning as it was my best for the year.

Attachments

Very nice Fred. Sometimes the best fishing trips can be the ones that aren't really planned. Good job buddy!

j_seph

Ya know, you didn't have to be alone....................could have called