6.2L Ford motor

hiawassee1

Thinking about going back to a F250, but would like to stay away from a diesel, anyone got any input on the gas 6.2L. Personal experience with gas mileage with and w/o towing, reliability. I usually only tow a 6x10 trailer to camp and durhamtown, no real heavy loads.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I like my 6.2L...(2018 F-250)
Interstate speed between 65 and 70mph = 16 to 18 mpg.
Towing 30' camper with sway bars at 65 to 70 drops it to about 8 to 10 MPG. But I don't pull that camper often.
12 to 15MPG towing my smaller camper and boats.

I just recently sold a f250 with the 6.2 engine. Absolutely loved that motor. Pulled my 32 ft fifth wheel camper with it. Got about 7 mpg loaded and 14ish empty. I could replace 3 6.2 engines for the price of 1 diesel engine. Only sold it because I have a new company truck. It's a diesel but I kept my gas burner Chevy for the camper. Wouldn't buy another diesel personally.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
If your looking at a new truck aren't they putting the new 7.3 gas engine in them? I know the reviews on it are looking real good. It's also a push rod eng. Instead of an overhead cam eng.

hiawassee1

Unfortunately can’t afford new, typically try to buy with under 50,000 miles, and keep them for along time. My 07 has just under 130,000 and I have owned it for 7 yrs. I have a crew cab with the 6 1/2 ft bed which I really like, just would like more cab room since the kids are older and activities that we do with the truck.

nrh0011

6.2 is a strong and reliable motor. You will not disappointed unless you're expecting 15mpg.

Horns

I have a 2012 company F250 4x4 with the 6.2 in it. Strong and fast but loves the gas. This one gets about 9.5 mpg city and 12 mpg highway

7 point

My city work truck is a 18 f250 4wd utility truck with a 6.2 it's been a good truck so far it's got 33k miles on it plenty of power gets 12.5 mpg with the utility body full of tools.

CurLee

Ive got a '20 250 with the 6.2. Have yet to get more than 13mpg out of a tank but Ive been doing alot of idling while doing field work at home. O ly have 1300 miles on it so dont have much more input other than Ive put 2800-3200lbs in the bed on multiple occasions and have been impressed with how it handled it.

7 point

Not bad my 5.4 gets 15 city 16 on the rd

back_woods

I find myself in the same boat, sold my 250 years back and got a 150. Now we have bought a 30ft camper and I really dont like pulling it with my 150. My camper is within the weight range for my truck but at the upper end. I have to manually change gears and stay in 4th at 4500rpm or better on any incline to maintain 60mph. How does the 6.2 f250s yall have mentioned hanle this. I would like to hook up throw it in overdrive and skediddle. Say cruise at 70mph on interstate with not alot of work or 5500rpm