6.5 - 06 Interested?

Jester896

Senior Clown
My buddy pulled a brand new Manson 6.5-06 reamer out of his pocket to show me this afternoon. I think it will be his first replacement rifle.

Wood Smoke

To the few 6.5 x 284 owners and enthusiasts from your own personal experience …. let’s have some more talk on this, please. Got the itch, but just haven’t scratched it yet. ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
30-06 cases sure have produced a number of great cartridges!
Including the .30-06, which is probably still the best all-around rifle on the planet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

SakoL61R

To the few 6.5 x 284 owners and enthusiasts from your own personal experience …. let’s have some more talk on this, please. Got the itch, but just haven’t scratched it yet. ?
I’ve a 6.5- 284 custom, CZ 550 action / Pac-Nor 26 1-8 barrel.
Berger 130s and 140s are very accurate after work ups. One deer drt with a 130 VLD hunting at 200 yds. If I had a place to stretch it’s legs, I’d load/shoot/hunt with it more.
Not to mention I’m short on the powder it likes.

Buckstop

My 6.5x284 is a squared up rem m700 long action, #4 fluted bartlien barrel, 1/8 twist at 26", timney trigger in an AG composite alpine hunter stock. VX6 3x18x50 on top.

Shooting 124 Hammer Hunters @ 3152 fps with 52.8 gr of RL-23, seated .020 off the lands. Lapua brass and Fed 210M primers. Consistently .25 to .5 MOA, at least at 200 yrds, which is as far as I've had to work with. Real pleasure to shoot and load for. Haven't had any issues to not like about it. Not toted it hunting yet but will before this seasons up.

Also load for a buddy's 6.5x284, whose killed several bucks with it and 143 ELDX's with H4831SC. Sure killed them dead fast with a large amount of damage, but seldom a pass through with that bullet. Seems a little too fragile at normal GA ranges.

Last edited: