6 days

devolve

Since I’ve seen, heard a bird. No sign either. This is the worst start to a season for me in well over 25 seasons. The 3 properties I have are always covered up. I’m probably going to start scouting some public this afternoon. ??

fullstrut

I was having my doubts on my property. But got lucky this morning and called in two . One went home with me. It's been a slow start for sure. Good luck and stay at it

frankwright

I only have 100 + acres to hunt but it is normally a good 100 acres. Pond,swamp,hardwoods,food plots,pines and creeks!
We have heard very few birds and I have only seen two hens.
My friend has coffee on his porch most mornings and he can keep up with sightings and gobbling and it has been below par so far.
It is hard for me to stay motivated when there is little activity!

chrislibby88

Not sure where y’all are at, but in middle GA they were on fire opening week. This cold snap all week has shut them down some, but they were picking back up yesterday. Stayed home today, but I’m guessing it’s gonna keep picking up as temps rise again.

fatback

Had my first gobbles on a property I hunt this morning. Usually quite a few birds here. Didn’t work out for me this morning but it sure was encouraging to hear him wake up the woods.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I didn't hear a peep this morning. I think the problem I'm experiencing is from hunting pressure and less weather related. The property I hunt has as much foot traffic on it as a busy WMA.

devolve

I’m the only one on my 3 places. All in Gilmer county. 7 hours and ZERO sign at all. Crazy, last year it was a little slow here till about now but this is a new low lol
I’ve had somewhere around 25 successful seasons in my life. I’m not giving up by far

Tadder

Right there with ya. None of my PL have Birds . 1st tie in over 20 yrs no birds. Hope somebody in the DNR OR STATE will get to work before all the birds are gone. I wish they put in a no jake rule , well at least in regular season and 2 bird limit. 1 a day.

Doe Dirt

250ac in South Douglas county always loaded with birds the past 4yrs. Not the first gobble heard yet. No sign either.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Heard very little. Saw them strutting 4 at a time on camera. I'll keep enjoying the woods until they are in the right mood. We are always on turkey time.