6 mm Remington

baddave

:rofl:maybe i didn't tell the whole story.. this deer was heading right for me . the bullet did a straight line to it's buttocks. went from base of neck to opposite side hindquarter. had to go thru boiler room and gut section . no obvious damage internally. that, to me, makes me skeptical

Jester896

Senior Clown
:D Looks to me it worked fine...clearly it didn't hit bone or some of the petals would be more distorted maybe. It could have traveled high. Did it shock the spine? Them things run pretty fast.

baddave

:D Looks to me it worked fine...clearly it didn't hit bone or some of the petals would be more distorted maybe. It could have traveled high. Did it shock the spine? Them things run pretty fast.
good thought, i wish i had an answer.. like u said - some things just can't be explained . i really want to do a broadside double lung shot and see results. i also want to try those 85 gr. sgk hp.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have a 6mm Remington that’s about 45 years old and has killed more deer than you’d believe and all that’s ever been shot in it are 100 gr core locks , my dad hunted with it for 40 years, my daughter hunts with it now and has killed about 15-20 with it in the last 6 years , here’s one of her bucks with it , the original finish was about worn off so I painted it with spray paint 8F45C474-5FB6-49D0-87EB-873E2CBE81FF.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have to order ammo , it’s hard to find and isn’t cheap, it’s a shame it isn’t a popular caliber anymore!

Dub

Don't know if you reload or not ....or even have a close friend that reloads.... but the Barnes TTSX 80 grain running about 3400+ fps ...loaded over some Reloder 17 ...would be really flat shooting and very deadly on whitetail deer ..... and they shoot accurate in my .243 Win....

In this photo there are six .243 80 grain TTSX in the 1/2" dot ... there are two 110 grain Accubond .25/06 in there also ....yeah I pulled the odd one....

Mighty impressive shooting & load workup,

i assume you're talking to me . no, the bullet was where i expected it to be . beautiful copper mushroom , weighed 79.6 gr.

Mighty impressive bullet performance....almost 100% weight retention and perfect expansion....all at what must have been a zipping impact velocity.

Mighty impressive.

I'm mighty intrigued in these Barnes bullets. Intrigued to the point where I'm going to finally give them the attention I should have years ago.

I have an older 24" BDL in .270Win that is going to be the test-gun.

I may start with the 95gr TTSX BT and see how it goes.

Fun times ahead.

baddave

I have a Remmy Model Seven MS in 6mm and it is the only rifle in the stable that shoots the Superformance ammo accutately and it is very accurate with that ammo.
THAT is one fine lookin rifle .:cheers:

Buckhead

I have a Remmy Model Seven MS in 6mm and it is the only rifle in the stable that shoots the Superformance ammo accutately and it is very accurate with that ammo.

Really like that Mannlicher stock on your Model 7. Wish Remington would sell those separately as I have a Model 7 that I would like to dress up. As far as I know, that model comes from their custom shop and are on the pricey side.

marlin

I had to go into a Walmart last week and they had 4 boxes of Winchester 100 grain pop’s. Now they are in my safe for backup. If needed.

lampern

I was at a box store today and noticed they had sold out of 243 Winchester but had a little 6mm Rem in stock

So I guess being less popular has a positive

Wifeshusband

If I wasn't so much in love with my .243 I'd get a 6mm, a .244, I think, is what some old timers used to call them. Shame that ammo is hard to find for it, as well as the .260, another great, unheralded deer caliber. 6.5 Creedmoore is pushing everything to the back seat. I'm a notorious back seat driver.

BriarPatch99

One of the first rounds I reloaded back in 1965 was ... the .244 Remington ..... Remington changed the barrel twist to stabilize the 100 grain bullet and changed the name to 6mm Remington...

The 6 mm Reminton is basically a necked down 7 X 57 mm .....