sawtooth

Another doe. The rut is fizzling out in my part of the world. Yesterday I was sitting on the ground. It was slow. I did see a small 8 point meandering around. And by small I don’t mean that he wouldn’t get an arrow from me- I just meant that he was small. Just before dark this doe comes in from my right. When I first see her she’s only about five yards away. Walking. As she moves to my front I slid around in my pacseat she looked at me. I froze and she dismissed me as something harmless. As she quartered away at 6 yards I started my draw and she looked at me again. I continued my draw as she tried to figure out what I was and when my bird finger hit the corner of my mouth- my arrow was gone. She ducked but it didn’t work. I shot 6 inches under her on purpose. She trotted off like nothing was wrong but she got a little dizzy forty yards away. God is good, is he not? I’m so thankful for having so many deer tags.
I’m really liking hunting from the ground. I’ve done it before, but really getting into it now. Very intense. Every deer that I’ve shot from the ground this year has looked right at me and kept on. Guillie suit, pacseat, bow. That’s it.
Martin X200 recurve
Douglas fir arrow
Zwickey Eskimo.3F2CC03E-7116-4593-A0E3-12B535EA28A9.jpeg9CC41355-1AC1-40A1-B861-314878DE0B13.jpeg49E05E89-AA5E-4B96-B14B-5BD940BBB1FB.jpeg

longbowdave1

Awesome job Dendy! I hear ya on ground hunting, most overlooked tactic theses days.

splatek

UAEC
Man, you are on it!
I strive to be on your level: I love the "pac seat, ghillie, bow, that's it"
Great work man!

hambone76

So happy for you man! Congratulations!
Keep on rolling!

Nice shooting! Now put that heart in the pan and fry it up!

Clipper

Don't get no better than that! Do you still aim low if you can't see the deer's eyes? I've often wondered if they squat because they see the arrow coming or just hear the sound of the bow.

Wifeshusband

Good job. Those were the type of broadheads I was told to use 30 years ago. I guess they work, don' they? Keep up the traditions!