6mm Dasher

Jester896

Senior Clown
going to be a few more weeks on the stock it looks like :rolleyes:
I did find a deal on a PST GenII and picked it up. If it doesn't work on this I can swap a few thing around and find something that does.

also picked these up to try
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg

Jester896

Senior Clown
congrats on finding some unobtanium bergers!

I think between us we have 6 boxes now. I brought my 2 to my buddy's today to swap out so both of mine were the same lot and the 4 he has in stock are all the same lot.

Dub

This finally made it yesterday...can't beat it at the 15% off price and free shipping

View attachment 1148577

now if that stock would just get here...we would spin up a barrel

I am kinda sorta wishing I'd gone with in-stock Vortex or in-stock & on-sale Burris instead of going after a backordered Arken 5-25x56mm......

Have confidence that it'll arrive at some point....just hope it's good-to-go with no warranty hoops to jump through if it's not. Want to mount it and go forth and use it.

Figured I risk stepping way outside my comfort zone and gamble on the lower unvetted model with features & pricing that are "too good to be true". In the optics world this is typically an action that is followed by regret. :rofl:

Jester896

Senior Clown
i thought it would be a safe gamble since I have a GenI on my 6.5WSM. it is supposed to have a little better quality glass and I don't have a problem with the older one. I think when you get to the PST level things are starting to get good. I like the zero stop better on this one...rather than the shims on the GenI.

If it doesn't work for this I may move the GenI to the .22-250...then the GenII on the WSM and move the Ziess from the .22-250 to the High Wall when I send that one back to Leupold and try the NightForce Competition Series on it.

i'm not sure it would be a regret as much as better choices for me...don't believe I have hurt myself any.

Dub

i thought it would be a safe gamble since I have a GenI on my 6.5WSM. it is supposed to have a little better quality glass and I don't have a problem with the older one. I think when you get to the PST level things are starting to get good. I like the zero stop better on this one...rather than the shims on the GenI.

If it doesn't work for this I may move the GenI to the .22-250...then the GenII on the WSM and move the Ziess from the .22-250 to the High Wall when I send that one back to Leupold and try the NightForce Competition Series on it.

i'm not sure it would be a regret as much as better choices for me...don't believe I have hurt myself any.

No sir. You did well.

I am the one that gambled.

You even have a solid backup plan with the scope dancing.

That‘s the very thing I am getting into in a few minutes….mounting scopes.

Tending to a sick dog who is having surgery tomorrow morning.

I haven’t told her about it. No sense her nerves being as tore up as mine.

I get fool over my dogs.

Cool thing is that my new gun bench has a dog bed beneath it. I’m guessing they’ll pile up in it as soon as I get to work on them guns.

Gonna make @Big7 proud and start with three Rugers.

Then it’ll be getting into a pair of Bergara target guns.

I may entertain a cup of afternoon coffee for those.

It sure has taken me long a dang’nuff.

Finally….making some progress.

Jester896

Senior Clown
If I was 100% sure this was something I would pursue hard core...I wouldn't have a problem spending $3,000+

ChidJ

Top shelf action, barrel, cartridge components.... seems pretty hardcore to me haha

Did you decide on a stock/chassis?

Jester896

Senior Clown
thanks to @ChidJ push the Nightforce 15-55X52 DDR-2 will be here Monday
a F/L Neck sizing die, LE Wilson S/S Mirometer seating die along with a K&M Arbor with lite force pack and dial indicator should be here midweek.

Still waiting on the stock. Going to point 500 of those bullets on the Whiddon bullet pointing dies to get me started and run the mandrel through the necks.

Shouldn't be much longer :huh:

Dub

thanks to @ChidJ push the Nightforce 15-55X52 DDR-2 will be here Monday
a F/L Neck sizing die, LE Wilson S/S Mirometer seating die along with a K&M Arbor with lite force pack and dial indicator should be here midweek.

Still waiting on the stock. Going to point 500 of those bullets on the Whiddon bullet pointing dies to get me started and run the mandrel through the necks.

Shouldn't be much longer :huh:

Just looked at the specs on your scope.

Impressive, man. That's a clean looking reticle, too. (y)