6mm Dasher

SC Hunter

@Dub I've got two stepsons, 14 and 9, and we have a 3 month old. We tried for 2 years to have a baby and it never happened. We stopped trying and boom spousal unit got pregnant. I told her I'm getting fixed it's less invasive and we don't need anymore kids. I watched most of the procedure and it wasn't to bad at all. Day 2 and 3 were rough with not much moving around. I'm still in compression shorts but just slight soreness no real pain. Best $750 insurance policy I've ever bought. ?

@bullgator ????

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Whidden Bullet Pointing Dies. That one in the picture got bumped again after I reset the die. It still gives a good idea what it does so I didn't retake the pic. It pretty much closes up the hole.

Some ammo showed up the last two days that had me thinking if these were handloads, they'd be candidates for one of those pointer dies.

I've seen them for sale in bulk, but I believe they may have been discontinued. Looks like the ELD-Match has taken their place.

Jester896

Senior Clown
He them for 6.5s too. The last 500ct box of Sierra 142s I got it looks like they use some type of bullet pointing dies on them.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Decided to try and set up the expander die in the Co-Ax and run it through the necks.

This happened on about the 3rd case
IMG_0954.jpg

between that and the A/C not seeming to work..temp up to 86* with 61% humidity I wrapped that up.

The case necks measured .0135 thick and the run out best I can tell is right at .001. I don't like the RCBS unit I have...I need to look for something else.

Picked up an 8# jug of VV N140 to try. Between that and the 8208XBR I should have enough powder to shoot it in :D I will save the little Varget I have for special events. My buddy should hand it off at dinner tomorrow night.

Dub

Ouch. I know that was frustrating.

Summer seemed to show up here right as we bring in June. Hot as blazes...and like you said.....HUMID, too.

Varget is like unicorn dust....nowhere to be found.

Have you seen 8208XBR online recently ?

Jim Boyd

I am kinda sorta wishing I'd gone with in-stock Vortex or in-stock & on-sale Burris instead of going after a backordered Arken 5-25x56mm......

Have confidence that it'll arrive at some point....just hope it's good-to-go with no warranty hoops to jump through if it's not. Want to mount it and go forth and use it.

Figured I risk stepping way outside my comfort zone and gamble on the lower unvetted model with features & pricing that are "too good to be true". In the optics world this is typically an action that is followed by regret. :rofl:

Dub - did you get the Arken and if yes, what did you think, sir?

Ordered one today. They say in stock and two days to ship?

Dub

Dub - did you get the Arken and if yes, what did you think, sir?

Ordered one today. They say in stock and two days to ship?

You are in luck with them in being in stock. That's great.

Mine arrived a few days ago. Gotta get it mounted and chooting.

Played with it in the backyard. Looks good to me. The turrets feel great. I like the tree reticle.

BriarPatch99

Decided to try and set up the expander die in the Co-Ax and run it through the necks.

This happened on about the 3rd case
View attachment 1155252

between that and the A/C not seeming to work..temp up to 86* with 61% humidity I wrapped that up.

The case necks measured .0135 thick and the run out best I can tell is right at .001. I don't like the RCBS unit I have...I need to look for something else.

Picked up an 8# jug of VV N140 to try. Between that and the 8208XBR I should have enough powder to shoot it in :D I will save the little Varget I have for special events. My buddy should hand it off at dinner tomorrow night.

Yeah got take your time and make sure the neck is aligned ... it get to be second nature after using the coax ... some times twisting the die a part(the whole die ring and all) turn makes it align better ...

Get the AC going and give it another go....

Jester896

Senior Clown
:banana:
stock is out for delivery...just realized I don't have scope rings yet...sometimes I wounder about me. Getting TPS rings on the way for it now. Won't be here for the weekend.

My buddy sent me a .10 group he printed @ 100 last night. His rifle has about 400 rounds on it now...I can't wait to catch up :D

Dub

stock is out for delivery...just realized I don't have scope rings yet...sometimes I wounder about me. Getting TPS rings on the way for it now. Won't be here for the weekend.

My buddy sent me a .10 group he printed @ 100 last night. His rifle has about 400 rounds on it now...I can't wait to catch up :D

You already got a second barrel ordered ?

A the slow rate the custom barrel orders are filled.....you may already be halfway through the barrel life on the first. :rockon:

Glad it is coming together for you.

The lack of rings sounds like something I would have done. :rofl:

bullgator

Forget rings?!……….we may have to put you on double secret probation.