7 “Spring Assassins”

toolmkr20

Got on one late this evening and he got tight lipped after four gobbles. When he got quiet I just sat down and waited doing some scratching and soft purring every few minutes. He never came in. I’m thinking he was already headed to roost and just said the heck with it. Oh well, I have a pretty good idea where he’s roosting now so hopefully he’ll still be there come this weekend. How’d things go for you guys?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Had two at 100 yds strutting below the hen. She flew down and carried them off. Went back yesterday and they were on someone else's property. Headed out again this morning before work.

Dan had several birds gobbling this weekend with one coming in Saturday. Hen went to him and he shut up. Fella hunting with him shot one.

toolmkr20

I got to get this ole boy figured out. He ditched me again. Went out to the logging road where I thought I heard him gobbling from and sure enough there were fresh tracks. How late in the evening right now would y’all waste your time till? Seems anything you get on goes quiet by 6:30 so if you ain’t got em in sight by then tough. Hate this weather coming in this weekend, it’s gonna ruin my plans.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I got to get this ole boy figured out. He ditched me again. Went out to the logging road where I thought I heard him gobbling from and sure enough there were fresh tracks. How late in the evening right now would y’all waste your time till? Seems anything you get on goes quiet by 6:30 so if you ain’t got em in sight by then tough. Hate this weather coming in this weekend, it’s gonna ruin my plans.
6 has always been that magical time in the evening for me. Might try the road since he likes traveling it at some point. He will slip up. He likes roosting near by there.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The way team 5 been killing them I figured if I waited a couple days I wouldn't need to post it. Still got a long way to go but we can get there.

toolmkr20

Well tomorrow I’ll be back at it finally. Been out of commission the last couple weeks with being busy at work and taking the kids on spring break. How’s the hunting been going for you guys? Hopefully I can find a lonely bird looking for a new friend.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Well tomorrow I’ll be back at it finally. Been out of commission the last couple weeks with being busy at work and taking the kids on spring break. How’s the hunting been going for you guys? Hopefully I can find a lonely bird looking for a new friend.
Still at it. Headed out here shortly. Got one I'm waiting on him to break from the hens and trying to find few others. Good luck. I always say it gets better after April 15th. Hens are bred and they are looking for love.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Still at it. Headed out here shortly. Got one I'm waiting on him to break from the hens and trying to find few others. Good luck. I always say it gets better after April 15th. Hens are bred and they are looking for love.
Thanks for the tip. now if I only knew where to go. guess I’ll just take chances.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Called in 3 super jakes. Next yrs crop is looking good. Heard several more birds. They really got to singing good around 8:45 this morning

toolmkr20

Didn’t hear the first peep this morning. Still seeing sign of them in the fields and road beds. Maybe this evening will be better. Gonna head out in a few.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I done gave up. Don’t know why anyone would want to hunt. Fish are biting.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Well if that's the case I need to Stroll on down that way. That blind on the food plot has something special waiting on me ??

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Well if that's the case I need to Stroll on down that way. That blind on the food plot has something special waiting on me ??
He was there today. Strutting up and down that plot. ??
I have a wild Tom down the road to hunt if u like. ??