8 “Spring Thunder”

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We've been driving for 23 hours only stopping to sleep 2 hours at a rest area. A couple of short naps while swapping out driving. Almost to New Mexico but still a couple of hours to go and then set up camp. The season opens tomorrow morning. Exhausted but excited! Fridays forecast is 20 to 30 mph winds with gusts over 40. Saturday and Sunday low 20's and rain/snow. Kansas is forecasting 4" of snow Saturday and Sunday. I hate cold but I love turkey hunting more.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
New Mexico was good to us but sure didn't make it easy. We once again caught wild brown trout from a tiny river and cooked them for supper one night. I caught several on a deer hair fly I tied for a fly swap on the forum a while back. We started hunting Friday morning, the day after the opener. We started walking in about 4:30 and it took about 1 1/2 hours to get where we were going. This canyon has always had turkeys gobbling but not this year. We hunted hard all day. After walking out we went to a new place and finally got one to gobble. We literally climbed the mountain so we could move on him. Two hours later I pulled the trigger and had my Merriams. Saturday morning we woke up to 8 inches of snow. The rest of our hunting was a lot harder because of freezing temperatures, snow, and slippery ice. Jamey got his bird Sunday evening and we headed home Monday.Resized_20210415_151721_3336.jpegResized_20210418_090910_1048.jpegResized_20210418_213539_6814.jpegResized_20210415_123959_2710001.jpegResized_20210417_084456_4337.jpeg

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
We are finally on the road heading to Kansas. If we can get a Rio we will have our single season Grand Slam! Then we will try for a public land Eastern and hopefully have a single season public land slam. I sure am glad the weather warmed up in Kansas!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Congrats tomboyboots!!! Good job and I'm happy y'all are livin a dream!!! So awesome!!!
You said it! I’m so happy for you guys and thanks for sharing! I love the campsite photos......bet y’all were freezing your tail feathers!