80 Bucks for a box of Winchester Power Point .30-30?

GAHUNTER60

That's what Alan's Ammo is advertising online (and according to Ammo Seek, they are the only ones with any available).

Would you pay that for a $18.00 box of ammo? Unfortunately, I might, if it meant the difference of being able to deer hunt, or not! (I reload, and have a lifetime's worth of components, so I'm lucky that way).

The world has gone mad!!!!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Yes it has.

Glad I have been stockpiling while it was cheap and available.

Who's laughing now?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yep, it’s crazy right now.
I also stockpiled enough ammo to hunt the remainder of my life time.
Got to do some reloading if I want range time.

280 Man

Banned
Im so glad I started "putting back" powder, primers and bullets several years ago. Got enough to last me the rest of my life.

SC Hunter

Between all my calibers of hunting ammo I've got enough for a long time. I don't have as much as some people but I've got a few hundred rounds of every centerfire big game rifle I own. If it gets real bad I'll shoot deer with a 22 or .17 hmr.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Went by a local hardware store and they had several boxes of 270 cartridges and a few other calibers. Thirty Dollars a box.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
There is still ammo to be had at normal prices, but it's going fast.

Now is when good longstanding relationships will come into play. I bought a box of .30-30's from a dealer who doesn't have any, for normal price yesterday.

Only needed one box to replace one I used sighting in two rifles, and that is what he sold me. Because I have been doing business with him for years.

A little dirty?

Maybe, but I don't care.

This is a game whose rules are changing fast and not for the better.

dick7.62

I watched a timed online gun and accessories auction a few days ago. They had 100 packs of shotgun shells that Walmart sells for $22.90 something. They sold for over double what Walmart gets. I was in Walmart Friday and they had plenty for $22.90.

Nimrod71

In our area shotgun shells are plentiful, it''s another story for rifle and pistol ammo. Our LGS has been paying retail prices just to get ammo to go on the shelves. It's hard to sale rifles and pistols without ammo to go with them.