9/14PM

slow motion

Something got ol Woody Woodpecker stirred up. Between him and a couple squirrels I've been all alone

slow motion

Gonna have to be pretty quick if it happens for me today. Lights fading in this bottom.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
These deer will about make you scream sometimes.:LOL: Think it was the big 8 from last night, a new 9 I didn’t see yesterday and a spike. Came out completely behind me, closer to where I was yesterday. I knew they were going to catch my wind the way the were going and they definitely did. Never blew, but they didn’t hang around long. Fun stuff though.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
These deer will about make you scream sometimes.:LOL: Think it was the big 8 from last night, a new 9 I didn’t see yesterday and a spike. Came out completely behind me, closer to where I was yesterday. I knew they were going to catch my wind the way the were going and they definitely did. Never blew, but they didn’t hang around long. Fun stuff though.
Sounds like you are on em ! They’ll make a mistake before long

dang

DANG !!!
I harmed no deer tonight. Also had no service. Back to the house

I forgot to post about Yest. evening's hunt sittin in the "Harwoods/Creekbotom-Hollow" on a piece of property in Meriwether Co.....

So when I went to get in my climber, I checked the wind before I climbed up like I always do and instead of a steady NORTH/NORTHEAST-wind!?!? It was swirling crazily!! I was starting to get a lil hesitant to even hunt risking blowing up my #1 stand location but I went ahead and climbed up....

About 5:30 or so I was looking off to the east @ a natural licking branch/scrape they get goin every year, it looked like the woods were moving...Haha and out came a whole drove of DEER!! First 5 Doe followed by 2 Doe-Fawns and tailing them was lil 6 point basket rack & a decent 8 pointer and lastly "ONE OF MY TARGET BUCKS" a nice main frame 8 Pntr...

I was instantly lit up with Addrenalin as I reached for my Bow on the hanger!!! Well they all fanned out and began feeding on acorns & corn I had thrown out except for my buck.. He bee-lined straight over to the lickin-branch and hopped up thrashing the overhead oak leaves and squating down in the scrape below! As I watched him do his thing I pulled up my grunt & hit em with a soft-toned Brrrrrpppp! He was so shocked hearing the sound of another buck in his territory he instantly stopped looked my way and took a few steps to a small pine tree and began "RUBBIN LIKE CRAZY" until he broke the small pine completly in half with mins!!

I was shocked @ how FIRED-UP he was with it being so early in the season!? Next he started creeping towards me, as it was nearing dark'thirty.... I was beginning to wonder if I was going to be able to even see him once he made the 150 + yard stride to me!?!?

Long story short once he was under 40 yards, I could only see the outline of his beefed up body and that golden yellow rack so i decided not to chance a high or low or even missed-shot and let him walk on thru!

Anyways below is a pic. of him @ the exact location he was last night...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-124711.png
    Screenshot_20220915-124711.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 60