9/22/14 Lanier...

EZ Spin

Just a note before my report. The Camp Sunshine Tournament this weekend (Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th) and I encourage everyone to come join in the fun. You can enter by calling 770-614-4080, stopping by HD Marine or pay in cash at the ramp (I think it costs $20 extra at the ramp). This tournament will benefit children with cancer so it is a great cause. Entry Fee is $250 and if it is like past years Wendy's will be cooking hamburgers for the tournament anglers and there will be a huge raffle with some awesome prizes. Lee Dodgen, owner at HD Marine has put on this event since 1996.

Now to the fishing report...
I read the HD rules and there was nothing about posting information but I probably won't be checking the forum as I want to do my own thing and not get distracted. Last week the water temperatures dropped into the high 70's and the fish know that fall is here. This has been an awesome year and Lake Lanier's population of bass have been biting all summer long but at times they have been hard to pattern. Running and gunning has been the order for the day. I saw a lot of fish schooling off shore early yesterday and there were even a few schools of stripers mixed in with the bass. These fish were not relating to anything other than bait so they were a little hard to pattern. You could get bit over brush with a Big Bites Jerk Shad or Sammy but a lot of the fish were just out over open water chasing blue backs.

Once the sun got up the wind started to blow and the schoolers were a little harder to see so I threw a SPRO McStick and caught a couple of my better keepers by just reeling it with a straight medium retrieve (stupid fishing). I also caught one on a big Rooster Tail too. I managed a limit before noon but none were very big-Just 14 -17 inch keepers but these fish were fat.

After noon I went back into a creek and started cranking and caught the one in my photo on a SPRO Fat Papa. As you can see this fish was hungry and I just swung it aboard because I could see it was hooked well. I will be out at least 2 more times before this weekend and hope to see some of you all out there Saturday and Sunday too if/when I make the cut.

God Bless!
Eric Aldrich

Attachments

• IMG_20140921_091358_770.jpg
    IMG_20140921_091358_770.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,320

Lanier Jim

Nice report "E"...thought I was the only one that knew about the CB bite......

Rgd

Thanks for the report. This is one of the biggest tournaments on lanier every year. I can not wait till Saturday we are boat # 3. I plan on fishing Tuesday and Thursday in hopes of finding something. Good luck to you this weekend.

Rgd

great, first weekend out after knee surgery and i have to deal with you crazies! lol good luck guys

Good luck out there. I hope for your knee that wind is not as bad as it was today. It was crazy out there.

TroyBoy30

I hope not as well. I went and filled the boat up with gas last weekend and got stuck in the boat. Couldn't figure out how to get out! lol

TroyBoy30

yea, how did you guys do sunday. Your text said a small limit for sat. I got out for about 2 hours sunday and caught 10 for maybe 10 pounds. 1 on top, 2 on lipless and the rest on a fish head

Rgd

We did not do to to well. We had maybe 10 fish Saturday and weighed in 11.17. It took 11.82 to make Sunday. We finished 44th out of 175 boats I think.

EZ Spin

Scott you did better than we. I don't even want to say what our five fish limit weighed but you all were a lot closer than us. Great cause raised $45,000 for Camp Sunshine. Lee Dodgen deserves a big thank you from everybody. The folks at HD Marine work extremely hard for these kids and I can not say thanks too much for their whole crew!
Blessings!
Eric Aldrich