A belt that really works...made in USA

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I've been on a tear lately, trying to find products not made in China. I caught a glimpse of an ad for a web belt back before Christmas, made in USA, innovative design, made a mental note to check it out later. Called Grip 6, I was impressed with the garage startup company based in Utah. Neat story.

Christmas approached and we decided to step up and buy one for each of our young adult boys. They aren't cheap, but I ended up with one myself, and have been so impressed, I wanted to share it here.

I have the typical collection of belts, but none of them really fit and work well for me. The favorites are some worn out, but quality military style web belts, that you can't find good quality ones anymore.

Enter the Grip 6 belt company. Military style webbing, unique buckle system, lifetime warranty. Amazing.

You can buy direct, look for coupon codes. If you ever wanted something unique for somebody who already has everything, this is it.
Grip6 Salt Lake City, Utah

Last edited:

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Good looking product.

Have you carried a gun with it? If so, how's it do?
I'm ashamed to say, not yet. I mostly pocket carry a Ruger LCP in a Desantis Nemesis holster, but I am sure my Fobus OWB Paddle Holster would be perfect for it.

More than you want to know, but I'm somewhat skinny, not as much as I used to be of course, but pants/belts never really held up. With this belt properly adjusted, it would be near impossible to develop the appliance repairman's crouch condition.

Same would be said for a heavier pistol, IWB or OWB, I'll bet it ain't goin anywhere with this belt. The web doesn't collapse or roll over very easy either.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
After watching the video, I put one of my regular web belts on and threaded the buckle so that it operated the way this belt does and my belt would not loosen either. It was a little more difficult to put on but it worked. LOL

normaldave

GON Weatherman
We were able to bypass Amazon, find a promo code, buy direct, save money, and get free shipping. I agree, it is a remarkably good product, they invented the design, so I guess they get to hold market share for awhile, being the original.

Cook&Bro

I ordered 2 of them a few months ago. They are excellent. And made in the USA. Ordered direct from Grip6.

gunnurse

I have worn a Blackhawk! belt for years. The one I have on right now is better than ten years old. It has a triangular ring that is supposed to be strong enough to rappel with. I used this belt as a firefighter as a backup egress system with a length on 3/8 rope for the hasty rappel method. The tag says it’s made in the U.S.A. As far as a weapons platform, the best belt that I’ve ever worn.

transfixer

I may have to try one of those.. i've been wearing Nexbelts the last few years.. I really like the ratcheting buckle on them, they've been great as a gun belt and super easy 1/4in adjustments

gunnurse

Eagle is another great American made belt. Same 1 1/2 inch black web, anodized aluminum buckle, d-ring secured down by velcro.

Dub

Nexbelt.

Greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to EDC carry belts.

Light, strong, able to cut down as needed if you are cutting weight by quitting sliced bread, extremely adjustable with one hand.

Carry full-sized weapon & spare magazines IWB with super comfort.

Best belt money this guy ever spent.

ADF125A8-A2ED-43CD-ABC7-3969F4029643.jpegA14594FB-AFFC-43F9-A61E-F7247F026184.jpeg62BE9204-6759-4AD0-AD7A-1318DD0B0F4D.jpeg45FDB051-00FA-48FE-BD7C-F00F87744747.jpegB0724967-7FCC-4435-ACB0-483D8B594C2E.jpeg

transfixer

Nexbelt.

Greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to EDC carry belts.

Light, strong, able to cut down as needed if you are cutting weight by quitting sliced bread, extremely adjustable with one hand.

Carry full-sized weapon & spare magazines IWB with super comfort.

Best belt money this guy ever spent.

View attachment 1083313View attachment 1083314View attachment 1083315View attachment 1083316View attachment 1083317
Agreed ! I own three of them, and will be buying another one in the near future, going to try one of their dressier belts this time, all my others are the same as the tan one in your pic, I've used a black one for a work belt going on two years now, and I work in an auto shop, I'm not easy on belts, its holding up fine with no issues, and you're right, I've gone from a 44in waist down to almost 36in, if I had a regular belt I would have had to buy a few during this journey, with these I just cut off the extra as I've needed to.

Dub

Agreed ! I own three of them, and will be buying another one in the near future, going to try one of their dressier belts this time, all my others are the same as the tan one in your pic, I've used a black one for a work belt going on two years now, and I work in an auto shop, I'm not easy on belts, its holding up fine with no issues, and you're right, I've gone from a 44in waist down to almost 36in, if I had a regular belt I would have had to buy a few during this journey, with these I just cut off the extra as I've needed to.

Great job on the shrinking !!

I've been wearing mine at work, too. Extremely comfortable all day long.