A Ditch Fishing Clinic today

Lanier Jim

Out this morning with Josh and Bain...and we put a smackdown on the spots!

Josh contacted me and wanted to learn more about and get better at the drop shot, spoon, and Damiki rig. Mission accomplished!
I was targeting ditches and deep roadbeds in 45'-55' of water. We discussed that we had caught fish out of every place except one....and that was a point and not a ditch. We cruised the ditch...the LakeMaster chip pointed them out when set up properly...and the Humminbird was showing out.

We pulled up on two different ditches and put 5-6 in the boat fast...and left them biting. Josh and Bain got good at the deep bite...they fished the drop shot all day with Blue Lily, Prizm Shad, and 3 test colors on a test design. I think they liked it...a lot!

Not sure if this is allowed, if not - please remove. Got to throw out some more props for the new KastKing.com products. These Speed Demon Pro series rods and Sharky III reels are impressive...and the 13X Finesse braid is unreal....lucky to become a part of the KastKing family. Use discount code : LJTENDISC for 10% off any order.

A few ditches....I could see schools on the bottom. I'd would drop the Damiki and get the fish coming up a little....Bain and Josh would put the drop shot down on them. Bain caught his first fish out of 52' of water! Not sure if this was the deepest Josh had fished.

Trash talking was at a premium....fun times with some laughs while catching fish. Ended the morning with over 20 in the boat with some good ones. LJ

Attachments

• KIMG3336.JPG
    KIMG3336.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 40
  • KIMG3337.JPG
    KIMG3337.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 40
  • KIMG3338.JPG
    KIMG3338.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 38
  • KIMG3340.JPG
    KIMG3340.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 39
  • KIMG3335 - Copy.JPG
    KIMG3335 - Copy.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
  • KIMG3342 - Copy.JPG
    KIMG3342 - Copy.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 71
  • KIMG3344 - Copy.JPG
    KIMG3344 - Copy.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 72
  • KIMG3334 - Copy.JPG
    KIMG3334 - Copy.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 70

hopper

Nice and as slways Appreciated. Keep wanting to get out as usual things keep comming up

Lanier Jim

Nice spots. Hey Jim, what’s the largest spot you’ve ever pulled out of Lanier?

Biggest is 6.4# that came off a drop shot on main lake hump. I've caught several of 5 and no telling how many in the 4+ class.