A First

HermanMerman

Release into the grease!

Dr. Strangelove

Nice catch and good looking fly! I was just talking about breaking out the vise again, it's been a long time.

I'm going down to Blackshear in a month or so, I plan to take my flyrod.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Niceun! I've only caught one on a fly rod. I caught it on a nymph in a trout stream near here that flows into a warm, shallow lake about a mile below where I caught it. Every year, I plan to tie up some weighted black/chartreuse Woolly Buggers and target them with a fly rod when they come up shallow to spawn in Clark's Hill, but every year, I never get around to it. :)

JonathanG2013

Yessir, I eat a lot of fish. I'd rather have a platter of fried fish than just about anything.
I was fishing in lake Allatoona this weekend. An older gentleman caught Crappie and Yellow Perch. First time seeing Yellow Perch. He said those were good eating also.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I was fishing in lake Allatoona this weekend. An older gentleman caught Crappie and Yellow Perch. First time seeing Yellow Perch. He said those were good eating also.
Yellow perch is one of the best eating pan fish there is. Caught them by the dozens in Lake Eire.

That’s nice speck Nic, and on your own bug.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would rate filleting-sized yellow perch the third-best American freshwater fish, right after walleye and sauger. And this is coming from a guy who dearly loves crappie, catfish, bream, trout, and such.