A Good Place To Fish

Nimrod71

This is the week to fish Morgan's Lake. The river level has finally reached the best level. Best bait is crickets for bream and red breast, worms for shell crackers and catfish. My crew have a trip planned for Friday. I look forward to seeing you there.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I'll be at Blackshear, Friday.

Where is Morgans Lake?

Nimrod71

Dutchl Morgan's Lake is just North of Jesup off of Hwy. 301, Cross the Altamaha River and turn right at the Sand Pit sign, I think there is a Morgan Lake sign there too. Then drive to the railroad track and turn right and go right to the boat ramp. There are plenty of places to fish and the lake is 20 ft. deep. I suggest carrying crickets and worms. Its good for bass too. Good Luck.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Bank fishing there?

Tannehill

Can someone DM me? Never been there before so I'd need some help locating. I have a fishing trip planned tomorrow, would love to inject this into the day

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Looking at Google earth, doesn't seem to be alot of bank access

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Looking at Google earth, doesn't seem to be alot of bank access
Oh well, this crippled up old fat man don't do jon boats well, and if I'm gonna travel from NW Ga. the bank is all I've got.

Doboy Dawg

There might be a few places you can get to from the bank, but it would be very limited. Morgan Lake is a oxbow lake with a few sloughs connecting it to the Altamaha River. Most of the surrounding land is cypress swamp.

It is best fished from a boat. It is in Long County and is part of Griffin Ridge WMA. Turn off Ga 25/301 onto Fishing Rd. Then turn right, before the train tracks, Morgan Lake is about 1/4 mile after the right turn.

You do need a Ga. WMA recreation permit and fishing license.

Attachments

• 273C0649-480E-46F8-ADC2-6642A63D622B.jpeg
    273C0649-480E-46F8-ADC2-6642A63D622B.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 34

Nimrod71

B, I'll start at around 7 ft. but I prefer 5 to 6 ft. You can fish it right on down because the lake is 20 ft. deep in places. Today it is nearly 8 ft. but it is to start down next week. If you don't have any where to fish or just want to ride and get a feel of the place now is a good time to go, you can ride all day.