A good reminder about red bugs

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
As Havilah Babcock stated, when you get redbugs, the first thing you do is shoot all your friends. Reason being is that they all have a different cure, none of them work, but if in your desperation you try all of them at the same time, it might kill you.

Personally, it`s been so long since I had any, I can`t even remember what it`s like to have the varmints on me.

Redbow

I know I will never forget what it is like to have a severe case of redbugs. All that itching and scratching was burned into my brain many years ago. If them little boogers were as big as a house fly no doubt they would kill a person.

When my Grandma went into the woods in summer to pick huckleberries she always put a bit of kerosene around her shoes and old long dress. She never was bothered by the chiggers, kerosene was a good insect repellant.

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I know I will never forget what it is like to have a severe case of redbugs. All that itching and scratching was burned into my brain many years ago. If them little boogers were as big as a house fly no doubt they would kill a person.

When my Grandma went into the woods in summer to pick huckleberries she always put a bit of kerosene around her shoes and old long dress. She never was bothered by the chiggers, kerosene was a good insect repellant.
No matter what time of year we went into the woods, my Great Grandmother would strip us down on the back porch and make us stand in a worsh tub and bath us down in kerosene to get rid of ANY bugs we drug home.

Redbow

No matter what time of year we went into the woods, my Great Grandmother would strip us down on the back porch and make us stand in a worsh tub and bath us down in kerosene to get rid of ANY bugs we drug home.
Your Grandmother was a wise woman. We got washed down with lye soap home made.