A Hillbilly Thanksgiving

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Y’all had a wonderful meal for sure. Can you give us the details on the red velvet cake?
Good red velvet cake with cheesecake filling hidden inside it. I went by this recipe for the most part, with a little extra cocoa added:

https://chelsweets.com/red-velvet-bundt-cake/

Except I used this icing on it:

https://www.sugarsaltmagic.com/red-velvet-bundt-cake-with-cream-cheese-filling/

It was delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I will probably be forced to make it again, actually. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Them yeast rolls though!
I could make a meal out of the rolls and that turkey.
Ya'll was do'n some mighty fine eat'n there.
Yeast rolls are one of my major weaknesses. I can eat two dozen.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Yeast rolls are one of my major weaknesses. I can eat two dozen.
Sounds like my better half. I learned long ago that expensive dinner's were not her thing.... she would eat every roll, breadstick or loaf on the table then eat two bites of her food and say that she was full. :bounce:

I always get the best leftover's though but we haven't been to a steakhouse in 10 years.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like my better half. I learned long ago that expensive dinner's were not her thing.... she would eat every roll, breadstick or loaf on the table then eat two bites of her food and say that she was full. :bounce:

I always get the best leftover's though but we haven't been to a steakhouse in 10 years.
Meat. Taters. Bread. That's a meal in my opinion, and I''m happy with it.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
This will be a running thread as stuff happens. I have family coming in from out west, and family who have jobs with odd schedules like nurses and stuff, so we pretty much never do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day. We're having our family Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon.

Me and YHFP spent most of the day yesterday cooking, baking, and prepping.

YHFP's semi-world famous tater salad:

View attachment 1192856

And her gooey chocolate-walnut brownies:

View attachment 1192857

I was busy too. First batch of homemade yeast rolls:

View attachment 1192858

And the second batch:

View attachment 1192859

I also baked a red velvet bundt cake with a cheesecake filling:

View attachment 1192860

YHFP made up some delicious Phillie steaks last night after the baking was all done:

View attachment 1192861

Now, I'm getting ready to throw a turkey on the Akorn. Gonna be a good day, but tiring.
That tator salad looks right !