A lie seeding self-destruction.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
The lie: You determine your worth.

We are probably living in a time the likes of which has never been seen. The entire human populace, and particularly that of the Western societies is fractionated along sexual, political, moral, cultural, ethnic, and racial lines just to name a few. People are defining themselves, and more precisely their worth according to which group makes them feel most valued. When one places their highest value on their sex, their sexual preferences, their gender, their religion, their race, their ethnicity, they are vastly devaluing themself.

Whatever value they assign to themself based on who they identify as is dwarfed by the value God places on them based solely on the fact they are made in His image, therefore every fiber of their existence is indelibly stamped with infinite value, infinite worth, infinite sanctity infinite promise and infinite hope, and infinite love from Him.

The lie is an acceptance fools gold instead of real gold. Moreover the wholesale consumption of this lie is not only resulting in the destruction of the individual, but to societies as a whole. People are fighting over who has more value, more claim, and more voice; all the time becoming more fractionated, more polarized more angry at those they see who they deem to have less value, less claim, less worth. The lie has reached it's end goal, destruction; destruction of the individual and consequently destruction of the family, and society.

Whether we we hope to save society, the family structure, a family, or just a loved family member, the fix is the same. It starts on an individual basis. Tell someone, explain to someone who you care about, who is caught up in this, the truth. Explain to them how they have traded fools gold for real gold by determining their own value. Most people will listen to reasoning if delivered with love and it's a good message to carry. Who doesn't want to know that they have mistakenly undervalued themself?

gordon 2

There are many places young people can go to today for truths and I don't think they are tricked into believing some of the places are of lasting truth through the lifespan. I think young people are more objective than we might give them credit for as they definitely have more opportunities to be objective about things than our generation has been. As a matter of facts some of the problems you identify in society today are viewed as solutions to problems by the newer generations. What is viewed as fractured to our generation is viewed positively by a new generation. The local view of our generation has been transformed into a more global view. What we might view as negative regression they see as positive progression.

As far as Christianity is concerned I think the Reformation projects have run their courses. The ways they have influenced individuals and societies have run their courses. The Reformation is killing itself and it is in death rattle and young people know it instinctively. What young people see about life that is positive today is no longer in the institutions of the Reformation because they are able to assess it from the outside today and I don't think they are destroying themselves by doing this.

I don't think that we have much to tell to the new generation. They have us figured out more than we have them figured out. They are already leading us by the hand we who had claimed to be all led by Christ. Our truths were tainted, it is not the truths a new generation hopes for. Their hopes are not tainted yet. I hope Christ will tell them how to avoid our errors.

Now the individual as the conduit to the remedy of life is perhaps something of our generation. I notice that young people are having more children than our generation. There is an instinctive belief perhaps that life viewed from the perspective of a family might be a more balanced view of things. While Christ will continue to minister to the individual, God will perhaps minister again to people who define themselves as able to learn and understand things through the optic of the local and global family. They will search the Golden Rule all the days of their lives. If He want to reach them that is where He will find them reading.

Saving the individual, the individual sinner and nurturing the Elect has been a failed project in my view and it is the cause of fragmentation which fragmentation might be a problem to the individual ( us) but it's water off the back to members of a loving family, it is a necessary fragmentation, onto firmer hope for our children's generation.

Maybe whole families will be converted again as when one of their members was baptized and it was sufficient to convert all as opposed to our leaving parents, family and relatives as individuals for the faith. My .02 cents.

And in conclusion if God was the call me to the ministry today I think he would call me to minister to families more that to the individual because that's where we're headed socially. Instead of pitching a table at the flea market with flyers to witness my church's support for some political cause, I'd set up where parents need help with their families and hopefully Christ would be there with all of us. ( I suspect also that people with no family so to speak are going to identify with a familial mindset soon.)

Last edited:

Latest posts