A light upon a hill

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
In the last couple of days people who profess to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ have made some comments on this forum that cause me to doubt whether their light is actually shining for Jesus Christ.
Christians do considerable harm when they sow discord among others who believe in Jesus Christ.

Some people need to drop the stones they've been carrying.

No replies necessary. Just something to think about.

creation's_cause

No replies huh??? Let me be the first to reply in love and compassion....I agree that casting stones should be done by the one who has no sin...and that is Jesus Christ....and He had the unique ability to cast stones of truth, that turned to love when they hit....problem is, the bible is very clear about one of our churches falling from His truth and sitting as the "Great Harlot" in opposition to God....I don't know what church that will be, but according to God's Word, not mine, it will happen....I want to guard my heart and mind so that I am not a part of it. We should all examine and re-examine ourselves in light of His truth.

Last edited:

ronpasley

In the light

::; amen

Psalm 43:3:
3O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

Psalm 119:105:
105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

John 3:20-21
20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6-dcltrYZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6-dcltrYZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thedeacon

In the last couple of days people who profess to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ have made some comments on this forum that cause me to doubt whether their light is actually shining for Jesus Christ.
Christians do considerable harm when they sow discord among others who believe in Jesus Christ.

I agree 100%, if there was more I would agree more. None of us have all the answers and I think sometimes it is a sign of our own inadequacies when we cast stones at other people.

Lately I haven't seen a lot of love in this forum and it seems when we get on one subject we beat the dead horse until everyone is discusted.

gordon 2

This should not be misunderstood as a reply. It is not. But...retirement from stone trowing is difficult as it is a very low wage endeavor from which savings are almost impossible. That is as far as my "thinking about" will do for now.

And of course I don't think the shoe fits in my case. If I was a stone trower I would have replied to LJ and Dom's recent posts with this bit which I did not do:
07-minister.jpg

Last edited:

christianhunter

Brother the sad truth is we all take up stones sometimes.It may be because we are having a bad day,problems,or we just may be in a bad mood.I'm guilty and I repent of it.I have often said on this forum,and it is well worth saying again.If I act in an un-Christian manner on this forum,I ask that any of my fellow Believers PM me,and correct me.I most certainly do not say all of the right things,and act as I should everyday.We should all keep lifting each other up in prayer,correction,and the Love of fellowship.

crackerdave

No doubt,it's best to stay away from useless dribble.

Amen,brother.

It takes a while to get to know who is posting threads to :stir: and who really wants answers. Your "ignore" list is your best tool for the trouble-makers.:clap:
It also takes a while to realize that having the" last word" just ain't gonna happen on here,and it's not about puffin' up and beating our chest and showing off our cut 'n' paste skills or our vast store of knowledge.It's about helping folks see the light of Jesus.
Very simple - just like He intended it to be.

gordon 2

"It's about helping folks see the light of Jesus."

Hum! Ahhh! From a spiritual point of view I am ready to discuss, debate and study this point as I think there is more than this to a spirtual Discussions, debate and study.
Glad you indicate that your's is not the last essential word.
Useless dribble is also a very good subject...for discussion. I'm in.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Amen,brother.

It takes a while to get to know who is posting threads to :stir: and who really wants answers. Your "ignore" list is your best tool for the trouble-makers.:clap:
It also takes a while to realize that having the" last word" just ain't gonna happen on here,and it's not about puffin' up and beating our chest and showing off our cut 'n' paste skills or our vast store of knowledge.It's about helping folks see the light of Jesus.Very simple - just like He intended it to be.

What a great undertaking for anyone.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Amen,brother.

It also takes a while to realize that having the" last word" just ain't gonna happen on here,and it's not about puffin' up and beating our chest and showing off our cut 'n' paste skills or our vast store of knowledge.It's about helping folks see the light of Jesus.
Very simple - just like He intended it to be.
I agree that it is difficult to figure out who is being "sincere" and who is trying to "foment."

The ignore feature should be used by anyone if there is someone on here that may cause you to post something you may regret.

Some folks may want to upgrade to the new LED lights. They have a longer lifespan, they tend to be brighter, and best of all, they never blow out nor fall over and start fires. ;)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Some folks may want to upgrade to the new LED lights. They have a longer lifespan, they tend to be brighter, and best of all, they never blow out nor fall over and start fires. ;)

Now that is good stuff.I got to remember and pass along to folks not on this board.:cool:

WTM45

That's quite an individual interpretation.
If concerned, wouldn't a PM be best?:huh:

No one has to post here in compliance with anything other than the rules of the website. Everything else is speculation by the reader of the post. Right?

thedeacon

Friends, fellow americans and christians, lets face it, the ones that are here for the right reasons are not going to get rid of the ones here for the wrong reasons and I am not sure we should try. Maybe they need us.

I have considered putting someone on ignore but then I thought about it, what if he posted something here that would help me or maybe make me think a little deeper, or maybe he could possible open my eyes a little more. I am quite conservative as you have probably figured out, but sometimes you can learn from the strangest sources.

Its the hurtful things that bother me. My skin is thick but it bothers me when someone questions my (or anyone else's) christianity.
It bothers me when people put down church's, or people who may be doing the best that they can. If you tell me I am going to Hades you better have tears in your eyes and you surely better not have a smile on your face.

It bothers me when people are self rightous and lack compassion.

I wish everyone would just be more like Jesus.

WTM45

Friends, fellow americans and christians, lets face it, the ones that are here for the right reasons are not going to get rid of the ones here for the wrong reasons and I am not sure we should try.

How does one make that determination?

Are we stating that if you are in "lockstep" with a certain belief it is OK, all other beliefs or interpretations are wrong?

I do agree with your very last sentence.:cool:

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

I had a nice little post on a subject the other day that I worked on for awhile, then read it and realized it lacked compassion and never posted it.

I suggest everyone think before they post, especially Christ followers. Does it show love? Does it point someone to Christ? To a better hope in Him? Does it increase faith and build others up in Christ? Does it help unbelievers see the possibility of Christ?

If it doesn't, don't post it! I welcome any believer to PM me and tell me if I don't live up to that!

Diogenes

Banned
Would I be violating any copyrights if I printed this thread and distributed it in an Abnormal Psychology Class as a textbook example of the fallacy of narcissistic assumption?

I mean, really. It would be hard to find a better example of folks who are so in love with themselves that they can actually find it to be yet another virtue they also possess to find the capacity within themselves to actually take pity on those who might not agree with them. You can’t buy this sort of stuff.

In real life, I mean. Normally . . .

Israel

BANNED
Hardly Diogenes.
Life is full of people blind to their self love.
Simply witness the above post.
Some are seeking a way out of it.

gtparts

Would I be violating any copyrights if I printed this thread and distributed it in an Abnormal Psychology Class as a textbook example of the fallacy of narcissistic assumption?

I mean, really. It would be hard to find a better example of folks who are so in love with themselves that they can actually find it to be yet another virtue they also possess to find the capacity within themselves to actually take pity on those who might not agree with them. You can’t buy this sort of stuff.

Interesting! I am a little concerned for anyone studying to become psychologically abnormal. You seemed to be quite successful in that regard without the lessons.:crazy:

gordon 2

I am fortunate or have the misforture of working in a hospital. My co-workers are mostly wemin. Like me they are nurses. I always find it interesting that the younger and said " still foulish" nurses vacation in Vagas and make a point to "go see the male strippers". Interesting because in a hospital as a nurse one has more than enough visuals of the butt. from babies to geriatrics and everything inbetween day in day out, night and day, year after yr.

You remind me of them. You are more than likely surrounded day in day out by christians, yet you need this as a Vagas.

I'd like to say WELCOME. We need all kinds of dancers if ever you what to go from behind a table and unto the top--of the hill that is.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYGCpGzFWh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYGCpGzFWh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: