A strange "what is it..."

Anthony61

BANNED
I am clueless.... what are your thoughts. I am a bit nervous now. That PVC pipe was not there earlier.

Attachments

• PICT0298.JPG
    PICT0298.JPG
    505.6 KB · Views: 457

whitter

BANNED
I know that this location is remote but it looks to be an extension cord that is hanging from above. I am thinking that it is about 3/8 to 1/2 inches across. I have not seen any blue vines growing up trees so that is out. The chance of it being purposely put there is also remote as the power cord thought. Being that it came and went in a short period, my thought is that it is animal related and maybe something that is being used to build a nest.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is that along a property line or is the tract being cruised for timber harvest?
I’m thinking survey or “cut too” line.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our hunting property has pvc stakes all over it, with red flags on wires stuck in the ground around them. Timber survey to keep an eye on how the timber is growing, how many died etc.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
PVC used for forestry purposes is usually for seedling survival. Wouldn’t be anywhere inside an SMZ. Sounds like a marker for a different kind of study.

whitter

BANNED
After a troubled nights sleep thinking about the PVC in the remote woods, I arrived at the possibility that what we are seeing is the leg of one of the bird critters that has been known to hang out in that area. With the cam mounted that low and the location having possible tree roots sticking out, it may very well be a good perch for that critter that was fishing without a license in the video of that same area. A long internet search this morning of those long legged friends made me think that it is a good possibility. Some have blue colored legs and are thin and spindly as much as two feet tall with the same texture. What is thought to be holes is probably black rough specs on the legs. Now off to my morning coffee and some degree of piece of mind. :sleep:

Anthony61

BANNED
ok, so I managed to grab a video clip from the camera. Is it a person or the leg of a blue heron ? The PVC pipe was only there in this one event then gone. I can hear what sounds like machinery in the background. My camera has continued to send so it was not bothered in any way. Also I can hear a "hoot"... what does a blue heron sound like ?

bullfrog79

It’s machinery in the background, and a person sticking the pipe in the ground. The hoot noise is a person also I believe, possibly to get someone’s attention over the equipment noise.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Definitely not a blue heron leg. I agree with bullfrog^^^

carlan

None of our survey poles look like that. But it’s possible it is surveyors. Almost like they are shooting the creek & the noise is the instrument man telling the rodman he got the shot & then he moves on to the next one. The pole doesn’t stay still for very long for him to get the shot though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely not a bird leg. That is a human holding a pole.