A/T American made truck tire

godogs57

Love my BFG A/T's on my F150. This is my first time trying them and I've been impressed. Extremely quiet and I have traction down here in SW GA out the ying yang. There are a number of "bogs" I have to go through at my hunting spots that required 4wd with my Yokahamas, that were strictly 2 wd with the BFG's under the same conditions. I've been very impressed with them. Very.

Doboy Dawg

I’ve tried pretty much all the brands over the years, but once I started running the BFGs I’ve stayed with them. I get more mileage out of them on both my 4x4’s.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but how about a tire that is not only made in America, but may have actually been made at a plant that backs up to and actually touches Pinelog WMA in White, GA? Those who dove hunt there may have actually seen the back of their building and inadvertently left a few pellets on their roof. That would be Toyo Tire. I tried a few times to get a job there as an engineer, but I was unsuccessful in catching their attention. I have never owned any of their truck tires, but I have owned a few of their sports car tires, and nothing that I tried ever held a candle to them, in grip and performance. I'm not currently familiar with their truck tires, but they do make a few different types of those, and get good reviews.

I am madly in love with the Falken Wildpeaks on my 4Runner. Outstanding on any surface on which I have tried them so far. However, it it my understanding that they are made in Japan. For a tire that was very comparable to Michelins in every way, they were over $200 less expensive for a set, and they look bad(butt) will cool-looking sidewall knobs, it was a very easy decision for me.

Doboy Dawg

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but how about a tire that is not only made in America, but may have actually been made at a plant that backs up to and actually touches Pinelog WMA in White, GA? Those who dove hunt there may have actually seen the back of their building and inadvertently left a few pellets on their roof. That would be Toyo Tire. I tried a few times to get a job there as an engineer, but I was unsuccessful in catching their attention. I have never owned any of their truck tires, but I have owned a few of their sports car tires, and nothing that I tried ever held a candle to them, in grip and performance. I'm not currently familiar with their truck tires, but they do make a few different types of those, and get good reviews.

I am madly in love with the Falken Wildpeaks on my 4Runner. Outstanding on any surface on which I have tried them so far. However, it it my understanding that they are made in Japan. For a tire that was very comparable to Michelins in every way, they were over $200 less expensive for a set, and they look bad(butt) will cool-looking sidewall knobs, it was a very easy decision for me.

My buddy has a Duramax like mine, his is lifted, mine is stock with leveling keys and air bags. I think my BFGs are equivalent to 33’s.

My buddy ran a set of Toyo 37’s on his truck, they didn’t last very long. He probably got 30,000 miles on them. I’ve got at least 50,000 mi on my last set of BFG’s and I can’t believe they still have as much tread as they do.

I do realize there are more variables on a lifted truck, but he wasn’t happy with them wearing out that fast. I was actually gonna try a set of them until I saw him replace his after 2 years.

I also have a stock Tacoma 4x4 and I get the same mileage results out of the BFGs I run on it.

bullgator

I have Toyo A/T II on my truck. The same tire lasted almost 70k on my last truck. They get that mileage by being a harder rubber compound. The down side is they don’t do so well on wet roads.....especially accelerating from a stop light.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Screenshot_20210611-064241.png

Been running these on my 4Runner, in a 255/85-16, which equals a skinny 33. Had em a couple years now, and all manners are good. They even pull a little bit in mud. The price is right, too at $200 per.

This is as close to a street tire as I go...

tad1

I’m currently running some falken wild peak AT. Previously ran BFG A/Ts on two different vehicles. The BFG‘s gave awesome mileage life. This falken is so far giving a great quiet ride and good traction. I’m much happier with the falken so far but it’s really not a fair comparison because the load rating on the BFG was higher (ie stiffer noisier ride).
Do most driving on road of course but get on some muddy roads at the hunting properties.
1624048612732.jpeg

earlthegoat2

What ATs are people using on their 3/4 / 1 ton SRW trucks? I see a lot of mentions of 1/2 tons, Tacoma’s, etc but what are folks using on their heavier duty trucks?

I have an F250 V10 and am looking for a set in the next month or so. Was thinking Firestone Transforce AT2 as I will be doing a lot of road driving but will be two tracking it on high ground at my hunting property.

Dusty Roads

I’m currently running some falken wild peak AT. Previously ran BFG A/Ts on two different vehicles. The BFG‘s gave awesome mileage life. This falken is so far giving a great quiet ride and good traction. I’m much happier with the falken so far but it’s really not a fair comparison because the load rating on the BFG was higher (ie stiffer noisier ride).
Do most driving on road of course but get on some muddy roads at the hunting properties.
View attachment 1086257
Are these made in USA?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Y'all getting the high mileage blow my mind.

I've never gotten more than 30k out of any tiure on any thing in my life.

I had to stretch to get to 30k.

That is with proper inflation and rotation.

I usually get 22-26k from a set of tires.

I do drive fast though.

ldavid008

What ATs are people using on their 3/4 / 1 ton SRW trucks? I see a lot of mentions of 1/2 tons, Tacoma’s, etc but what are folks using on their heavier duty trucks?

I have an F250 V10 and am looking for a set in the next month or so. Was thinking Firestone Transforce AT2 as I will be doing a lot of road driving but will be two tracking it on high ground at my hunting property.

Just saw this and I’m probably too late, but here’s what I’ve discovered on my 2003 F250 with a 7.3 diesel.

My truck originally came with the Tranforce AT2’s and I got best as I can remember 65,000 miles on the first set and 60,000 on the second set. Great tires with one exception. The tread on the outside edge is good till you get down halfway where there is no outlet for water to go. I never thought about it til one day my backend slid around on a blind curve with a school bus coming towards me. That’s when I noticed the problem. Since then I only gotten tires that have the water outlets all the way down.

I ran one set of Michelin’s LT2’s but only got 50,000 when they’re rated for 70,000.

I’m now running Cooper ATP’s that I got at Discount Tire for under $700 and got a $70 gift card on top of that.

(Edited to add): when I was looking at tire reviews I noticed that Cooper Discovery AT’s had bad reviews for 3/4 Tom trucks. The ATP’s I went with had good reviews for 3/4 ton trucks. Something to consider and watch for.

They’ve got a 55,000 mile warranty and after 13,000 they still look like new.

Last edited:

35 Whelen

The last set of tires I bought for my truck were Hercules tires, so far, so good. Right after I purchased them got a roofing nail in the sidewall. Got a brand new one for free with their road hazard warranty which you don't have to pay extra for, comes with the tire.

cramer

Y'all getting the high mileage blow my mind.

I've never gotten more than 30k out of any tiure on any thing in my life.

I had to stretch to get to 30k.

That is with proper inflation and rotation.

I usually get 22-26k from a set of tires.

I do drive fast though.

You must be running over dem chicken wing bones

earlthegoat2

Just saw this and I’m probably too late, but here’s what I’ve discovered on my 2003 F250 with a 7.3 diesel.

My truck originally came with the Tranforce AT2’s and I got best as I can remember 65,000 miles on the first set and 60,000 on the second set. Great tires with one exception. The tread on the outside edge is good till you get down halfway where there is no outlet for water to go. I never thought about it til one day my backend slid around on a blind curve with a school bus coming towards me. That’s when I noticed the problem. Since then I only gotten tires that have the water outlets all the way down.

I ran one set of Michelin’s LT2’s but only got 50,000 when they’re rated for 70,000.

I’m now running Cooper ATP’s that I got at Discount Tire for under $700 and got a $70 gift card on top of that.

(Edited to add): when I was looking at tire reviews I noticed that Cooper Discovery AT’s had bad reviews for 3/4 Tom trucks. The ATP’s I went with had good reviews for 3/4 ton trucks. Something to consider and watch for.

They’ve got a 55,000 mile warranty and after 13,000 they still look like new.

Thanks for the information. As it turns out I got the new tires yesterday morning. One of my rears started vibrating really bad so I took it in for 4 new ones. They only had 2 AT2s and I needed the truck that afternoon so I just got 4 HT2s. They will be good for 99% of what I do. I’m a little concerned about my hunting property but it is upland.

Im happy. No more vibration.

westcobbdog

I’ve insisted my entire family run michelins my entire life.
I run them till they are ripe for the dragstrip.
When I have had them bust a belt was only when running twice recommended pressure and trying to run off the middle tread.
I put 100,000 miles on many many sets of 80,000 michelins.
Cooper, kelly an general grabber are nearly as good quality IMO.
Michelins are king on my vehicles. Often buy used so I never get bit with tire price. New take offs last 5 sets. Thats 20 michelins in 10 years of marriage.
Not bad.
Have new MTX Michelin’s on a 4Runner, hoping for high mileage returns. Few years back put 132k on some Michelin mxv4’s I think, they were on a Lexus sedan.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Just turned 160k truck still on it's second set of KO2's. Reason I bought them: because the first set lasted so long. 2nd set has not disappointed. I guess they're ok on the mud- they havent let me down anywhere but either way they run forever.

Tight Lines

I've run Michelins on my last several trucks and SUVs...had them on my '99 Tahoe (LTX A/T) '11 Tundra (replaced the Bridgestones with LTX A/S) '11 Yukon XL (LTX A/T 2 & M/S 2) and '06 MDX (the X I think). I got 70,000+ miles on the LTX A/T 2 on the Yukon XL including I don't know how many miles around the hunting lease in mud, rocks, gravel, etc. and only changed them because they had gotten really hard. They still had like 3/32" tread left at 70,000 miles. About to replace the Falkens from my wife's Subaru Ascent with Michelins at only 27,000. When I put tires on my Titan I may switch to the Cooper to try them...I typically get 60,000-70,000 out of Michelins on heavy vehicles, and 50,000 miles out of the AWD vehicles (MDX, Ascent). It's hard to beat Michelins, and I've had poor experience with Bridgestone, BFGs, and Firestone. Had good experience with Goodyear on passenger vehicles. Have BFG KO2s on my new Wrangler, will see how those hold up...