A welcomed message

buckpasser

I appreciate the prayers and support form this great group through some difficult times last year and this one. I thought I’d share a very personal experience from early Wednesday morning. Please feel free to take it for what it’s worth, but in any case, it was exactly what the I needed, and I’m very appreciative.

Tuesday evening I went to bed in terrible pain. I’ve got a fragmented disc just above S1 on my left side and it’s causing a major pinched nerve and dead leg on that side. Somehow at work that day I tweeked my neck and it was shooting pain down my right shoulder. Needless to say, sleep was scarce.

During the night I thought about how the grieving process has slowly changed now and I know Matt, my Grandma and my Papa are really gone. It just seems so quiet now, and the pain isn’t lessened as much as it’s just different. Sometime around 5 am I got my neck settled down and went to sleep. As I slept I dreamed I was at work. I’ve tried to remember what I was doing, and as best I can tell I was mending a fence. Using both hands and irritated pulling on the wire my cell phone was ringing like crazy in my pocket. I finally put my stuff down and pulled it out. It was a number I didn’t recognize (area code started with a 7 I think), so I just swiped to answer it and gruffly said “Can I call you back!?” The voice on the phone gently but immediately replied “That’ll be fine.” I knew instantly it was my late Grandmother. I replied it shock, “No, no! Whoa, I can talk, I can talk!” What she said next is hard for me to repeat without breaking up. “Don’t be sad for us. We’re happy here.” I replied still in shock, “Grandma?!” To this there was never a reply and the dream ended.

I’ve milled over that call a lot over the past couple days, and the things that puzzle me are how accurate the terms, mannerisms and method of speech from her were if it were just something my mind fabricated. It certainly felt like a real conversation. Also, I almost never have memorable dreams, but when I have, people are notably silent in them, even if I’m speaking to them. Anyway, I can’t wait to see all those that have gone on, but that call was the next best thing for now. I don’t expect another, but you can believe I’ll be ready to answer if my phone rings again.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Take it for what it is, man...;)

I've got one from my late Dad, that would curl your hair. But it's between me and him.
Same. Two stories actually. I’ve told them both somewhere on the board.

buckpasser

After telling a few friends, hearing their stories and seeing the replies here, it seems maybe God cuts us a little slack sometimes on these matters. I’m thankful.

Madman

I appreciate the prayers and support form this great group through some difficult times last year and this one. I thought I’d share a very personal experience from early Wednesday morning. Please feel free to take it for what it’s worth, but in any case, it was exactly what the I needed, and I’m very appreciative.

Tuesday evening I went to bed in terrible pain. I’ve got a fragmented disc just above S1 on my left side and it’s causing a major pinched nerve and dead leg on that side. Somehow at work that day I tweeked my neck and it was shooting pain down my right shoulder. Needless to say, sleep was scarce.

During the night I thought about how the grieving process has slowly changed now and I know Matt, my Grandma and my Papa are really gone. It just seems so quiet now, and the pain isn’t lessened as much as it’s just different. Sometime around 5 am I got my neck settled down and went to sleep. As I slept I dreamed I was at work. I’ve tried to remember what I was doing, and as best I can tell I was mending a fence. Using both hands and irritated pulling on the wire my cell phone was ringing like crazy in my pocket. I finally put my stuff down and pulled it out. It was a number I didn’t recognize (area code started with a 7 I think), so I just swiped to answer it and gruffly said “Can I call you back!?” The voice on the phone gently but immediately replied “That’ll be fine.” I knew instantly it was my late Grandmother. I replied it shock, “No, no! Whoa, I can talk, I can talk!” What she said next is hard for me to repeat without breaking up. “Don’t be sad for us. We’re happy here.” I replied still in shock, “Grandma?!” To this there was never a reply and the dream ended.

I’ve milled over that call a lot over the past couple days, and the things that puzzle me are how accurate the terms, mannerisms and method of speech from her were if it were just something my mind fabricated. It certainly felt like a real conversation. Also, I almost never have memorable dreams, but when I have, people are notably silent in them, even if I’m speaking to them. Anyway, I can’t wait to see all those that have gone on, but that call was the next best thing for now. I don’t expect another, but you can believe I’ll be ready to answer if my phone rings again.
The pain of losing someone close seems unbearable at times. Fortunately God is merciful and allows us to occasionally see behind the veil.

I lost my brother in law in ‘97 in a diving accident, we had been inseparable.

Had a priest tell me “ you will hurt as hard and as long as you loved”.

God’s peace brother. We’ll see them on the other side.

Redbow

I saw who I think was my Grandmother on my Mom's side shortly before my Mom passed on in 2019. I woke up during the night laying on my right side. Someone was standing beside my bed a small female figure like Grandma was but a young woman. She had long flowing hair with a long dress on like women wore in her day. I reached out to touch her and she disappeared. I never spoke and she never spoke. The room I was in was my old room that I spent my last four years at home in during high school. What really got to me is my nieces both told me after I told them about what I saw there was something in my old room that they were afraid of and never played in there while growing up. They said they tried to tell their grandmother about why they avoided my old room but she would not listen to them. Their Mama my sister never told me about her girls avoiding my old room until I told all of them what I saw that night beside my bed. My Sis said yeah, there is something in your old room, my girls were afraid to play or sleep in there. I didn't question them about it.

After I saw the figure I turned over and went back to sleep. I was not frightened by it nor have I ever had any problem sleeping in that old room of mine since. And I have seen a couple other things in that room that are weird to me, and I wasn't dreaming.

Last edited: