About them nose rings

Baroque Brass

For reasons I cannot comprehend, piercing the cartilage that separates the nostrils and inserting a hoop through it is popular. I find it disgusting, no matter how nice, competent or beautiful the wearer may be. I don’t want anyone with a nose ring handling my food.

I’ve been hit in the nose and it hurts. It hurts a lot. I can’t imagine how the pain one must endure having that hole made can justify wearing something that pig farmers use to keep pigs from rooting. What happens when the wearer has a cold? How do they wipe their nose? Can this accessory be removed and cleaned occasionally? I guess employers can’t tell the employee the ring has to be removed when on the job.

Pardon me, my conservative streak is showing again.

specialk

but all the cool kids are doing it !!!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I like to keep a leash in my back pocket. When I see one of "them" I just go "Psst.. come here.." then click the leash on "it" and treat them like a prize pig at market. Ain't been locked up yet for it.... yet.

ol bob

Had to quit the local post office because the post master has one, couldn't stand to look at her.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Looks funny to me if I think about it, but I really don't spend that much time worrying about how others look. :huh:

One of my coworkers has gotten a nose piercing and several other piercings. My boss had the same reaction as y'all, and still periodically asks him "Why did you do that to yourself?" But he's specializing in a cutting-edge area of computer science, so I reckon his next job won't care either way.

GeorgiaBob

The more recent generations have a large number of members who play at life and affect strange disfigurements. I have never found tattoos to be attractive or meaningful, yet it appears the majority of people under 40 have at least one. We cannot even mention here on GON some of the places males and females have pierced their bodies and attached pieces of metal, plastic, or bone!
Yuck!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
People have been piercing their noses, ears and getting tattoos for thousands of years. I don't think the "trend" is going away any time soon.
But think about what cultures have done it for 1000's of years. Those doing it now must want to be, I better stop now!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking more of the Maasai, Zulu, Bushman, and Samburu
Most of which are pretty cool people, IMO.

I don't want any piercings myself, but they don't really bother me.

I do find it funny that probably every one of our wives has holes poked in her earlobes with metal rings stuck through them, and that's fine and normal, but if you put one through any other body part, it's suddenly abnormal and disgusting? Poking holes in your ears and sticking metal in them is no less strange than poking a hole in your nose and sticking metal in it, if you think about it.