About time for the fawn drop

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga, seeing heavy does that look like they're about to pop. Having cameras out to monitor things, have noticed coyotes have keyed in on the time. They know it's time for the fawn drop, and are keeping tabs on the does. For months, no coyote photo's on most cameras. Now the cameras getting the most heavy does, are also getting plenty coyote photo's. Would be a good time to take some of those yotes out.
Posting some photo's for example.

Attachments

• coyote .jpg
    coyote .jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 51
  • doeheavy .jpg
    doeheavy .jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
  • coyotes .jpg
    coyotes .jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 51

specialk

My son ran over one in our hay field with the bushhog last saturday....

Jester896

Senior Clown
I saw a Piebald doe this afternoon...not sure if I was in Sumter or Lee Co...she looked like she had 2 in the oven

furtaker

I've been getting several does on camera that are about to pop.

I can't believe that out of all the time I spend in the outdoors, I have never walked up on a newborn.

buckpasser

In Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga, seeing heavy does that look like they're about to pop. Having cameras out to monitor things, have noticed coyotes have keyed in on the time. They know it's time for the fawn drop, and are keeping tabs on the does. For months, no coyote photo's on most cameras. Now the cameras getting the most heavy does, are also getting plenty coyote photo's. Would be a good time to take some of those yotes out.
Posting some photo's for example.

Now is the time to get the coyotes out. They’ll backfill pretty quickly, but in a few weeks the fawns are much less vulnerable. Good luck!

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Last two days and nights, cameras getting coyote photo's, no deer. The deer know what those yotes are up too. Bet the does have relocated, so that the yotes will have to hunt for em.

ucfireman

At my place the does move to around the barn and have their babies close to them and the driveway. I guess the coyotes don't move around there too much.
I have seen 2 so far as of 6-9-2021

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
There a couple does that come in behind our house to drop their fawns. Right in the middle of this small sub division. There's a few wooded lots and a strip of wooded land between us and the lake. But up in the hunting woods, they don't have such security.

Ptjackets

Yesterday June 11 I saw a doe and her fawn in my back yard. The fawn looked to be over a week old. It was following behind her pretty well. So at least one has hit the ground.