Above Ground Dog Pen (In Progress) PICS UPDATED

Overall with time in and materials this 8x10 will be around $1500-$2000. I will have used tin on mine but any other pens that are built for others have the option of used tin or new seamless tin. So add $60 for new tin.

I will have prices up for those that are interested. Bare in mind these are built to last and are built like decks for housing. In the long run, can save you hundreds at the vet due to hygiene and infection problems.

I will post pics later in the week of the progression of my pen

Corey

Is that price with or without Bud Light :)

Retired Army Guy

WOW, that grating is awesome. I have a 4x10' I built. I used the 1x2" galvanized wire for the floor. I had to buy a huge roll like ten times more than I needed; I ended up using the 1x2" for the sides to just because I had SO Much extra wire! Any how that wire is Expensive! The plastic grating is definitely a winner!

T.P.

Banned
I've been using that type of currency for years to pay the guys that help me on my home projects.
You'd be suprised how much help shows up when you're paying 3 beers an hour.:rolleyes:

Jim Baker

Staff member
I have two options.

Option #1 is to set it up on a concrete slab i already have and instill a mini-septic line.

Option #2 Mesh tarp material so the water can drain through and I can pick up when accumulation occurs.

I gotcha. Thought the posts were in the ground.

Like I said, got an aquaintance that built one similar. He vallied treated 3/4 plywood to drain off into a buried drum with a drain field.

Yours looks good.

I've been using that type of currency for years to pay the guys that help me on my home projects.
You'd be suprised how much help shows up when you're paying 3 beers an hour.:rolleyes:

Its amazing what I can get a 30 year veteran contractor/carpenter to help me build with a case. Well worth the payment when the final results are in.

I gotcha. Thought the posts were in the ground.

Like I said, got an aquaintance that built one similar. He vallied treated 3/4 plywood to drain off into a buried drum with a drain field.

Yours looks good.

Thanks, I am not putting them in the ground because i want to be able to relocate them when needed. I am a senior in college and hope to be moving from my current location soon. Then i would like to pour a concrete slab and set several of these portable kennels on and install a septic line and mini-tank or 55 gallon drum.

Corey

Thanks, I am not putting them in the ground because i want to be able to relocate them when needed. I am a senior in college and hope to be moving from my current location soon. Then i would like to pour a concrete slab and set several of these portable kennels on and install a septic line and mini-tank or 55 gallon drum.

What about some pressure treated 2x4's and some
gravel underneath, then you can wash and soak it
with lime or clorox every now and then.

It should drain into the ground right?

What about some pressure treated 2x4's and some
gravel underneath, then you can wash and soak it
with lime or clorox every now and then.

It should drain into the ground right?

Corey, it is funny you mention that. I have been entertaining that idea. Was wondering what kind of stench that would put off. Didn't think of clorox, was thinking lime. This week is keeping me busy, so i haven't had time to get back to the construction. It should be finished this weekend

FINAL PRODUCT. Dogs have been in the kennel for a month now and 100% satisfied. Have not had to clean the inside out yet. Fecal matter breaks up and falls right through. Very little smell.

Attachments

• dog8.jpg
    dog8.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 9,346
  • dog9.jpg
    dog9.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 9,171