Above Ground Dog Pen (In Progress) PICS UPDATED

Just started working on a new pen for my beagles. Wanting to get the dogs off the ground. Hopefully make for healthier, happy dogs.

Attachments

• dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 52,161
  • dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 26,798
  • dog4.jpg
    dog4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 28,901
  • dog5.jpg
    dog5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 35,581
  • dog6.jpg
    dog6.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 24,989
  • dog11.jpg
    dog11.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 22,342
  • dog10.jpg
    dog10.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 22,332
  • dog9.jpg
    dog9.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 22,722
  • dog8.jpg
    dog8.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 22,284
  • dog7.jpg
    dog7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22,925
  • dog12.jpg
    dog12.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22,393
  • dog13.jpg
    dog13.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 22,159
  • dogpen1.jpg
    dogpen1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23,906
Last edited:

Dreamer69

Nice looking pen.. I like that grate flooring. What is that?

It is 1.5" Greenhouse tabletop flooring. The material is rot proof and inorganic which makes it resistant to bacteria, virus, and mold growth. May consider building more pens if anyone is interested. This pen is 8x10

Dreamer69

Thats a floor that will be there for a very long time. Thats a good idea too. Keep us posted with the completed pen.

5 string

where did you get the flooring i have been trying to get something similar to that but it is in michigan.?

I'll have to look it up again but I had to order it and get it shipped. Very worth the money. I am happy with it so far. Guess we'll see how it works out.

Starting on framing the houses.

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 21,794
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 21,792
  • dog4.jpg
    dog4.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 21,773

Jim Baker

Staff member
How are you going to clean under them?

Just wondering.

I have seen one built similar with rubber coated pig grates.
The had a shelf below of treated plywood to catch the droppings and urine that could be washed down into a drum.

How are you going to clean under them?

Just wondering.

I have seen one built similar with rubber coated pig grates.
The had a shelf below of treated plywood to catch the droppings and urine that could be washed down into a drum.

I have two options.

Option #1 is to set it up on a concrete slab i already have and instill a mini-septic line.

Option #2 Mesh tarp material so the water can drain through and I can pick up when accumulation occurs.

Prorain

How much are you gonna have tied up in this kennel???????????I'm gonna do one but for hounds.

The flooring I found was at Greenhouse Megastore and is 24" X 48" for 14.98 thanks for the idea I was gonna use the breadman racks that they bring there bread in on.But Not Now

I have a buddy who does hvac work comm/ind tin knocker we are gonna put 18 gauge metal up under mine on a slope from o/s to middle to either a bucket w/holes or to a small septic system if I can get it in w/o anyone paying to much attention I live in the city.
I am gonna do a auto. washdown setting up my yard sprinkler to water and to wash down kennels twice a day I already have this on my kennel now but it is unable to was the pooooooo away.But they get plenty of water for summertime

Last edited:

kfoskey

Looking good Garrett. How much you think you're gonna have in it when complete?

How much are you gonna have tied up in this kennel???????????I'm gonna do one but for hounds.

The flooring I found was at Greenhouse Megastore and is 24" X 48" for 14.98 thanks for the idea I was gonna use the breadman racks that they bring there bread in on.But Not Now

I have a buddy who does hvac work comm/ind tin knocker we are gonna put 18 gauge metal up under mine on a slope from o/s to middle to either a bucket w/holes or to a small septic system if I can get it in w/o anyone paying to much attention I live in the city.
I am gonna do a auto. washdown setting up my yard sprinkler to water and to wash down kennels twice a day I already have this on my kennel now but it is unable to was the pooooooo away.But they get plenty of water for summertime

The only thing i would be concerned about with washing your kennel down so much is the fact that it never gets to dry out. The wet/moist conditions is perfect breeding grounds for bacteria, disease, and infection.

To everyone interested, I got my flooring from a company out of Mobile, Alabama. The sections are 24"x48" and were $11.48 a section.

The overall cost in this setup if i had someone else do it would be around $1500

Pen cost me about $550 to build plus the time put in.

If anyone is interested, may build a few for others. Can build different size pens as well. This one is an 8x10

Last edited:

kev07

dog pen

To everyone interested, I got my flooring from a company out of Mobile, Alabama. The sections are 24"x48" and were $11.48 a section.

The overall cost in this setup if completed by someone else would be around $1500

Pen cost me about $500 to build plus the time put in.

If anyone is interested, may build a few for others. Can build different size pens as well. This one is an 8x10
how much for a 4x12

T.P.

Banned
Better get that pen to her final resting place before it gets too much heavier, or else you might poop urself trying to move it.

Nah, just kidding, it looks real gooood and it should last for a very long time. Also looks like you might have done some carpentry work a time or two before....

BTW.. I use one of those 250 gallon plastic tanks with the metal frames around it for a septic tank. I buried it in the gound and ran about a hundred feet of field line out of it and it's been there for two years with no problem, and thats with 8 hounds using it. Something to think about if you decide to go with a septic system and want something cheap and easy.

Better get that pen to her final resting place before it gets too much heavier, or else you might poop urself trying to move it.

Nah, just kidding, it looks real gooood and it should last for a very long time. Also looks like you might have done some carpentry work a time or two before....

BTW.. I use one of those 250 gallon plastic tanks with the metal frames around it for a septic tank. I buried it in the gound and ran about a hundred feet of field line out of it and it's been there for two years with no problem, and thats with 8 hounds using it. Something to think about if you decide to go with a septic system and want something cheap and easy.

Yeah we have already considered the moving. Have a trailer and tractor with boom to relocate. Not a problem.