Acceptable caliber??

Bobby Bigtime

I like the 06 for lots of stuff. It is an excellent song dog smoker with match bullets. The 168 is good but the 190 smk is better. they hit hard but don't expand enough to damage the pelts. Buyers were giving a hundred dollar bill for decent dogs this past winter. If you have an 06 give those bullets a shot.

308-MIKE

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
It’s a coyote a 22 mag will be fine
I Don’t get all tore up about it
And I anna gonna eat a coyote either

blt152

I carried a Winchester Model 275 in 22mag. for years in the woods. I've killed everything from squirrels, crows, groundhogs, fox and coyotes with it. The key is shot placement like any other cartridge.

CroMagnum

Totally agree. Head or neck shots..IF you want to put him down DRT. A 22LR Stinger is potent within 50 yds or so. Even a Grey Fox is a tough little dude,and requires good shot placement?
Have any of you tried the CCI 22 quiet ammo on yotes? Curious as to how good they are.

jrickman

I'm not advocating torturing animals or recklessness, but how many of y'all don't have a semi-auto 22 around the house? I ask that because inside 50 yards I can put 4 or 5 rounds on a 6 inch steel plate out of my old marlin 60 in about a one mississippi two missi. If you're shooting past 50 yards, then maybe it's time to move up to a centerfire and skip the whole exercise.

To be clear, I understand that the "responsible" thing to do is to assume you only get 1 shot because that's all you're ever really guaranteed, but dang...I don't remember many times where I took a shot and couldn't have managed a good followup with a semi-auto on anything that weighed more than 5 pounds. It ain't like you're eating them. Shoot them 'til they're dead. LOL

Tight Lines

.22 WMR is fine for yotes within 100 yards with the right rounds and decent shot placement. Would not be my go to. I use Hornady VMax in my .22 WMR pistol and the same round for varmints in my 5.56. The .22 WMR is a great round, and I am looking for a rifle now...

Show us some DRT yotes...

Mattval

I love a 22 Mag. I have a Rem 597 with a 4X scope. what is everyone else shooting?