Accepted The Chronograph Is Gone

Darkhorse

I know about losing stuff. My shop where I do all my loading, gun work and ML rifle building, lost 1/3 of the roof in a hurricane.
I packed the critical stuff up separately so as no to misplace it. But a whole crew replaced the roof and another crew put a new ceiling in. Even though I tried to watch them I still ended up losing some stuff. Misplaced a lot also.
I still have not got my loading going again. I might just move it all back in the house and do the loading in my "Man cave".

Dub

I like it when that happens...I just wish I could get more of mine off of the list:cool:

Brother, I got a pile of lost stuff on my "cold case files", lol.

Hand tools are the worst. They scatter to the four corners of the Earth.

I don't think I have loaded or shot anything since I got the Chronograph. New job got in the way of my Retirement range time. Need to quit so I can shoot more.

I hear ya on that. Work gets in the way of too much fun stuff.

Looking forward to retirement years something fierce.

I know about losing stuff. My shop where I do all my loading, gun work and ML rifle building, lost 1/3 of the roof in a hurricane.
I packed the critical stuff up separately so as no to misplace it. But a whole crew replaced the roof and another crew put a new ceiling in. Even though I tried to watch them I still ended up losing some stuff. Misplaced a lot also.
I still have not got my loading going again. I might just move it all back in the house and do the loading in my "Man cave".

That bites....hurricane season isn't far off.
I worry about my family in ENC....so much ahead of them every year with the repairs, rebuilding and recovery.

I can't imagine the aggravation of trying to safeguard your gear prior to the storms....as well as trying to keep stuff from walking off during the repair work.

Stopped on the way home from work today to look at some stuff needed for my mini-mancave....speaker wire & televisions. Didn't buy anything....gonna order the speaker wire online. Will also wait and see if Walmart, Bestbuy or others run any type of good sales for TV's in the next couple weeks.

Darkhorse

Stopped on the way home from work today to look at some stuff needed for my mini-mancave....speaker wire & televisions. Didn't buy anything....gonna order the speaker wire online. Will also wait and see if Walmart, Bestbuy or others run any type of good sales for TV's in the next couple weeks.

Our older 65" plasma died about a year ago and we replaced it with a 65" 4K. This meant my AV receiver and Blu-ray had to be replaced also since they were not 4K. And my set of Klipsch surround speakers also had to go because the ohm's were not compatible with the new receiver.
Fine by me. Now I could have surround sound with super speakers in my man cave. All I needed was speaker wire.
But before we could get started we had a flea infestation outside and worse, inside the house. We didn't even know it for awhile. We had 2 much beloved cats, a female and my favorite a tough male who loved to sleep in my lap. Both were rescued as tiny kittens. The fleas hid from us while feeding on the cats. We lost both. The female died in my wife's arms, the male had to be put down.
This is one reason I'm so far behind as I had to extract vengeance. And I did. It took a few months but I managed to wipe them out from house and most of the yard. We just shut the door on the man cave while I kept it sprayed down heavy. But I'm ready to finish the job and exterminate any fleas that might still be alive, even though it's been months since I've seen sign of any. And before that I was seening evidence regularly.
So I too am ready to get my man cave inhabitable again. With a better sound system to boot.

Dub

Very sorry about the pets, @Darkhorse

They are certainly members of the family.....and so much a part of daily life.

The first piece of gear I bought for the cave when it was in it's inception stage......was a decent dog bed for them to hang out on while I had my fun on the bench.

Sounds like you and I both have some work to do and then we will each have our refuge spots ironed out nicely. (y)

chuckdog

So far my dungeon lab (loading/firearms room) sound system consist of a computer connected via usb to an xDuoo TA-10 DAC/Tube Type Preamp/Solid State Output Headpdone Amp.

I have what at times seems to be a gozillion headphones to choose from. The xDuoo has a dedicated preamp out so I keep thinking I'll add a pair of powered bookshelf speakers.

With all the different types of cans I have piled up, adding speakers hasn't been a priority.

Back on track, It is truly a relief to locate the Crony.

Reactions: Dub

Kowtown

opplanet-caldwell-caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph-g2-cefdbb.jpg

Ordered this Caldwell Chronograph a couple of days ago from Optics Planet. They had the best price with free shipping.
This will be a learning experience as it will be my first time using one.

rosewood

I recommend to everyone. When using a chronograph, always shoot off a rest. That greatly decreases the chance of you shooting it.

And if you ever need to chronograph a shotgun, you shoot from 1-3feet instead of yards away. It will read just fine at such a short distance and the muzzle blast of a shotgun won't affect it.

Rosewood