Actual Numbers

Geno67

I was going to hibernate until this was over due to being afraid of catching the unfounded fear/hysteria/panic. Couldn't do it.

Worldwide:
Coronavirus deaths so far = 39 thousand
Flu deaths in same time period for a bad year = 208 thousand

United States:
Coronavirus deaths so far = 3 thousand
Flu deaths in same time period for a bad year = 26 thousand

This is not a model or a prediction or anything other than the actual numbers. So far, the numbers worldwide don't appear as though they will even reach a bad flu year.

Geno67

Afternoon update.
Coronavirus deaths: 41,482
Flu deaths: 217,260
Time period is exactly the same measured from 31 November of last year to now. Flu numbers from WHO annual upper limit to approximate a bad flu season.

Of course we are all going to die. No one has cracked that code yet. I'd rather die standing up than on my knees.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I don't think I've ever seen bodies loaded into refrigerated trucks outside a NYC hospital because so many died from the flu in one day

GeorgiaBob

I don't think I've ever seen bodies loaded into refrigerated trucks outside a NYC hospital because so many died from the flu in one day

And if you do see that now, it will only be because the city of NY, several hospitals and a couple of panic media outlets cooperated to produce the scene. The media and local governments are very busy using numbers to misinform you. Three or four hospitals in NYC are overloaded, the rest are near their usual 95% of capacity. And that does not count the 4,000 additional beds coming online in NYC this week from US Army field hospitals, USNS Comfort, and a tent triage center in Central Park.

The NYC terror story is just as real as last week's desperate pleas due to a shortage of N95 masks and other PPE. Yes, there were local shortages. But the reasons for the local shortages had nothing to do with a lack of national inventory. CA nurses were shown on national TV begging and crying for N95s. AG Barr announced that fed attorneys would criminally prosecute anyone found withholding, hoarding, or profiteering needed medical supplies. Low and behold, the CA nurse's UNION suddenly "discovered" that they had 37 MILLION N95 masks in a warehouse with several tons of other PPE. The same story has been repeated all across the country. If you heve not heard that story before, you need to ask the panic media why!

mark-7mag

And if you do see that now, it will only be because the city of NY, several hospitals and a couple of panic media outlets cooperated to produce the scene. The media and local governments are very busy using numbers to misinform you. Three or four hospitals in NYC are overloaded, the rest are near their usual 95% of capacity. And that does not count the 4,000 additional beds coming online in NYC this week from US Army field hospitals, USNS Comfort, and a tent triage center in Central Park.

The NYC terror story is just as real as last week's desperate pleas due to a shortage of N95 masks and other PPE. Yes, there were local shortages. But the reasons for the local shortages had nothing to do with a lack of national inventory. CA nurses were shown on national TV begging and crying for N95s. AG Barr announced that fed attorneys would criminally prosecute anyone found withholding, hoarding, or profiteering needed medical supplies. Low and behold, the CA nurse's UNION suddenly "discovered" that they had 37 MILLION N95 masks in a warehouse with several tons of other PPE. The same story has been repeated all across the country. If you heve not heard that story before, you need to ask the panic media why!
Probably the same actors and actresses that acted out all the mass shootings huh? That's a lot of work to "freak the world" out

Geno67

You are probably correct. They are in a very bad spot right now. I hope it gets better for them soon. For the whole world soon.

Flu happens every year, year in and year out. This one will be gone in a year. Flu will still be the worse killer even if coronavirus deaths exceed those of a bad flu year.

CBS used footage from Italy and said it was NYC 3 days ago. Here's where they were caught.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...MiaMvvH5tcG_MbIiIvUre4pZ2pzuRrwu04djCZga5SHAQ

mark-7mag

59b43e949b5dba7f5e6af01aa49e48f2--the-hill-the-way.jpg

GeorgiaBob

Probably the same actors and actresses that acted out all the mass shootings huh? That's a lot of work to "freak the world" out

I am not into conspiracy theories. I do look at the real numbers, in context, and compare them to historic numbers, actual capacity, and recent available capacity. All of that is available to anyone who searches for it. You will not get it from a TV station/network that is constantly under pressure from the global corporations that own them. The story they tell must be sensational enough to sell ad minutes at ever increasing rates. If they fail to do that, management gets fired and new management fires the producers, then new producers fire the actors reporters.

Why don't you look up the total available hospital beds in NYC. Check the number normally avvailable (hint: health statistics). You might also look at current hospital stats all around NYC - but if you do that, be warned, you will find more than 100 hospitals within 25 miles of Wall Street that have available beds TODAY!

((extra hint - FOX News is owned by liberal globalist Rupert Murdoch, who fired Ailes a couple of years ago and now directly controls the cable channel. Orders from Rupert include the same focus on sensationalism as the other guys. It isn't "Gospel" and is seldom right of MSM.)) Again check out the numbers in context. For instance, there is a morgue in Westchester with more capacity than the refrigerated trucks, and only 11 bodies pending autopsy or release to family.

mark-7mag

I am not into conspiracy theories. I do look at the real numbers, in context, and compare them to historic numbers, actual capacity, and recent available capacity. All of that is available to anyone who searches for it. You will not get it from a TV station/network that is constantly under pressure from the global corporations that own them. The story they tell must be sensational enough to sell ad minutes at ever increasing rates. If they fail to do that, management gets fired and new management fires the producers, then new producers fire the actors reporters.

Why don't you look up the total available hospital beds in NYC. Check the number normally avvailable (hint: health statistics). You might also look at current hospital stats all around NYC - but if you do that, be warned, you will find more than 100 hospitals within 25 miles of Wall Street that have available beds TODAY!

((extra hint - FOX News is owned by liberal globalist Rupert Murdoch, who fired Ailes a couple of years ago and now directly controls the cable channel. Orders from Rupert include the same focus on sensationalism as the other guys. It isn't "Gospel" and is seldom right of MSM.)) Again check out the numbers in context. For instance, there is a morgue in Westchester with more capacity than the refrigerated trucks, and only 11 bodies pending autopsy or release to family.
I hope you're right.

GeorgiaBob

I hope you're right.

Mark,
Even if I am right (and the stats I looked up were supposed to be accurate) a lot of people are gonna' die, especially in urban areas where people seem to lack common sense. The numbers may not exceed what the world has experienced from prior seasonal flu, but this particular SARS relative (the other scientific sounding name assigned COVID-19 is 2019-SARS-2) is still dangerous.

Smart choices, intelligent decisions, and a sound grasp of reality will do more to mitigate this virus than panic, sensationalism and economic suicide.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The question will remain whether some measure of economic suicide was necessary because the lower intelligence people were unwilling or incapable of making the smart choices and intelligent decisions required to prevent this pandemic from getting completely out of hand.

Hopefully one day we will know for sure.

Geno67

Death rate is less than 2 percent.

Covid deaths to date = 64,103
Bad flu year deaths the same amount of time = 222,603

Hopefully, people with common sense can use these simple numbers to have an idea of where they should be rather than where the hysterical media or draconian government wants them to be.

sinclair1

Death rate is less than 2 percent.

Covid deaths to date = 64,103
Bad flu year deaths the same amount of time = 222,603

Hopefully, people with common sense can use these simple numbers to have an idea of where they should be rather than where the hysterical media or draconian government wants them to be.
The flu won’t kill me. The chance is really small at my age.

Until someone can explain why it can kill a twenty year old athlete and spare a 60year old, why some die in a few days and some have it and don’t even know it. It will continue to scare me.

Geno67

The flu won’t kill me. The chance is really small at my age.

Until someone can explain why it can kill a twenty year old athlete and spare a 60year old, why some die in a few days and some have it and don’t even know it. It will continue to scare me.

Statically - you are 5 times more likely to die from flu. The numbers don't lie. Only people do.

sinclair1

Statically - you are 5 times more likely to die from flu. The numbers don't lie. Only people do.
So you think if the Covid went unabated without precaution, we would still have the lower numbers?
I feel that if they took zero precautions most of our nose picking society would have it by now, except for the most reclusive or anal retentive Germaphobes.

Doghunter11

So you think if the Covid went unabated without precaution, we would still have the lower numbers?
I feel that if they took zero precautions most of our nose picking society would have it by now, except for the most reclusive or anal retentive Germaphobes.
I think a lot of people are missing that fact. We do absolutely nothing to prevent the flu so it in theory should have way more cases. Yes the flu kills thousands but even at its peak I’ve never heard of the flu requiring so many people to be on oxygen and ventilators.