Adding feathers to a wingbone call

QuackAttack101

Anyone got any tips/advice? I made a decorative wingbone call for my newborn daughter, and I want to add a few feathers to it and then cover them with epoxy. I just can't seem to find a good way to get them stuck in place (before adding the epoxy) without tearing them all apart. I've tried elmers glue and super glue and haven't had great results. Any tips/tricks?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Anyone got any tips/advice? I made a decorative wingbone call for my newborn daughter, and I want to add a few feathers to it and then cover them with epoxy. I just can't seem to find a good way to get them stuck in place (before adding the epoxy) without tearing them all apart. I've tried elmers glue and super glue and haven't had great results. Any tips/tricks?
I was going to try also.
I was going to paint it with a clear lacquer finish. Don’t have it yet. Will get some lacquer later.

QuackAttack101

I was going to try also.
I was going to paint it with a clear lacquer finish. Don’t have it yet. Will get some lacquer later.

Let me know how it turns out. I'm thinking maybe I just don't have enough patience for it. My feathers keep falling apart on me and then they just look bad

QuackAttack101

It’s whooping me. ?

Well I finally got the feathers to stay in place and look decent. I used a spray adhesive but the trick was to spray both the back of the feather and the surface of the call

Now if I can just be more patient with my epoxy and get all those bubbles out :rofl:

Haven't killed one with it yet but I did have an hour long conversation with two gobblers last weekend who just refused to cross over a big creek and come see me.

Attachments

• wingbone1.jpeg
    wingbone1.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 15
  • wingbone.jpeg
    wingbone.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 15