Addition to my Grandsons’ room

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Daughter and Daughter-in-law turned a spare bedroom here at my house into a nursery (my Grandsons are 9 months and 3 months) so I grabbed a lamp, filled it with some bbs and shell casings - I like it. Working on a hat / coat rack made from horns from deer I’ve killed F9D4C9C7-B576-4FCF-A849-ED0D6D31ED87.jpeg

Last edited:

Lilly001

Nice idea.
I lost my den so my grandson could have his own room when he visits.
But I still sneak in there and take naps when he's not here.

Dr. Strangelove

That really looks good, great idea!

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice! Great start on the "Little Man Cave"!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Great idea. Might I suggest deer horns on the wall, hornets nest up in a corner, a tanned skin or two around, some turkey feathers, one really good wren's nest somewhere. As the younguns grow you can add items that you collect together. My son's room eventually had a euro mount bobcat scull & jaw open and a horseshoe crab shell and tail from Jekyll. That was a story in itself. LOL

He gonna bust it and shoot those Bbs.

Nah, they grow um smarter now. He will just unscrew the lid, take out what he needs, and replace it with sand or something else to keep the level right. LOL

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Great idea. Might I suggest deer horns on the wall, hornets nest up in a corner, a tanned skin or two around, some turkey feathers, one really good wren's nest somewhere. As the younguns grow you can add items that you collect together. My son's room eventually had a euro mount bobcat scull & jaw open and a horseshoe crab shell and tail from Jekyll. That was a story in itself. LOL

Nah, they grow um smarter now. He will just unscrew the lid, take out what he needs, and replace it with sand or something else to keep the level right. LOL
Awesome idea!! Thanks!

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
That's a pretty cool idea, we have one similar for my son's room with marbles in it, he's got a shelf that's is designed to look like a boat, of course I added some camo netting to make it look like a duck blind/boat, got newer tins signs designed to look older of various hunting things, his bed I actually built out of wood from 2 tobacco barns, one built in the 40s and one to the best of my knowledge around 1910. Got some older duck decoys hanging from the trim around the closet, he has one of my deer mounts, duck mounts, My sons middle name is Case so there's some case tractor and case knife stuff placed throughout