Additional Gulf snapper days fall 2019

KKrueger

Just got this in my email:
jRi8_yHEDBfGNq_IK58KfLSn5ric7jtFlABoAnBlhHfznqoIgL1wL0r1hhj_MafyeBv8mY_BQHyUe2uW6JT1ZuAOAvtM0W5-pTOMoTdlWLthLd743FgqmuKYzA2nt5YD5a2v_PsOqVAzcidJnixVUE1ExXEPnJlV37ZibszV=s0-d-e1-ft

(Having trouble viewing this email?
For Immediate Release October 1, 2019
Contact: Governor’s Press Office (850) 717-9282 Governor Ron DeSantis and FWC Announce Additional Recreational Red Snapper Fishing Days in Gulf
Tallahassee, Fla.
— Today, Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) announced six additional recreational red snapper fishing days for Gulf waters. The season for private recreational anglers and state for-hire operations will be open on the following Saturdays and Sundays: October 12-13, 19-20 and 26-27.
“Florida is the fishing capital of the world thanks to our pristine natural resources and an abundance of fisheries, including red snapper,” said Governor DeSantis. “FWC has shown that this fishery is sustainable, so we are happy to provide these additional recreational fishing days to anglers.”
“These additional days would not be possible without the Gulf Reef Fish Survey,” said FWC Chairman Robert Spottswood. “Thank you to every angler who has taken the time to return surveys, talk to staff and participate in this program. Innovative data collection is opening doors and allowing unprecedented management opportunities for Florida, benefitting Gulf anglers.”
Private recreational anglers may harvest red snapper in Gulf state and federal waters. However, state for-hire operations are limited to fishing for red snapper in Gulf state waters only.

Pointpuller

SWEET!!!
If its calm those 6 days should be able to get enough to carry me through till next year. Still have 12 vacuum packages in freezer. We been eating 1-2 fillet a week since it opened.:)

Lukikus2

Give a dog a bone.

How about giving license holders tags for a yearly creel limit? The red snapper fishery has had stank on it all along. Since the stank started.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Dang it man. We're headed to Destin now to fish tomorrow. We debated the 5th or the 12th a few weeks ago. Settled on this weekend.

KKrueger

Got another email today. Adding another weekend! Nice.

Too bad I was so dumb I went and bought a house during deer and snapper season. Hope we get these days again in 2020.

Good luck everyone!