Adultery is NEVER OK

Old Yapper

At the Judgment Seat of Christ there will be no judgment for sins in this life as those sins have been forgotten and forgiven through Jesus' death.
At the Judgment Seat of Christ, the born again Christians will be given their rewards for deeds done in the flesh AFTER they became Christians.
The judgment for sins takes place at the Great White Throne judgment where the books are opened and searched to see if someone's name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life...(having accepted Christ). There will be no born again Christians at the Great White Throne judgment...only those who rejected him.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So what you are saying is that women lead man astray. I feel as if this message was to men and be aware of the female that desire him.
Guess now we need the female version where the married man Pursues the woman.

Artfuldodger

Seems to me more scripture about the man committing adultery. Perhaps since the Man is the Head of the wife that lays more of the responsibility on him.

Artfuldodger

The woman was deceived, the man was not. The man submitted himself to the word of a creature like himself and not the Lord. Even submitting outside of that order God ordains.

Showing his disdain for it.

But the "laying of responsibility" is a good consideration; for if it ends with seeing only our responsibility (as a burden to perform) and is not incentivized (so to speak) by the glory and instruction given a man to seek his head (Christ) the burden then is unbearable. To see the how of "how responsible is Christ with what is given into His care" and the glory of it...if neglected...will leave a man to no power but to know shame. It is a gift unspeakable to be made to see the Lord...if we shun it for the seeing of something else...it only shows where our heart is at.

And we dare not forget in this that Christ, also rightly caring for "what is His" discharged this not as unwelcome nor distasteful burden...but by always looking only to His head (and the responsible care there shown). The joy set before Him that He dared not relinquish despite the coming into view of all that would seek to deter such sight.
He knew He was going to the Father.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

You ask about lust, that desire to have what is not a man's and also its relationship to adultery
...is it "equal"?

The Holy Spirit does not sleep. And as our Helper in these frames of dust He is well aware of the necessity of His being so. How a man might "see" a pretty thing, a desirable thing, a pleasant thing in whatever form it takes to him (for lust is not limited to sexual desire) is all according to the discipline he has received by that Spirit.

Does he see only according to the work of desire to possess...or has he come under such discipline to the knowing of what is already given him in Christ? That he lacks nothing, that indeed as Paul says:

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

And all those places of which Paul speaks of contentment so that the man is convinced God has withheld no good thing from him in Christ. There is no need of seeking...or seeing elsewhere outside of Christ for what is already his. If he senses lack...let him ask of the Lord, who withholds no good thing.

This work to singleness of eye is relentlessly glorious...even if learned through many sorrows and pains. What once "looked good" and provoked that desire to possess

can only be resolved by Christ's obedience, seen. And such will the Holy Spirit diligently and tirelessly work to reveal to His own, how that only in Christ, and through Christ such singleness of eye is appreciated to glorious end. (The man vexed by lust is to remove "an" eye)

The apostle speaks of those, who by reason of use have had their senses exercised to the discerning of good and evil. Many many lessons along the way in both "our mistakes"...but the Spirit's likewise diligence to teach. Which eclipses, the Spirit's faithfulness, our own doings.

The refining of senses spiritual to the end of salvation so that Jesus' confidence in such work of the Spirit would cause Him to say as all of the erroneous bore down on Him (as it must no less, with us..."Ye shall indeed drink of my cup") that in that day only intervention continued (He ever liveth to make intercession for us) will keep from such extreme pressure to collapse.

Such that "if it were possible even the elect should be deceived".

But His intervention makes it impossible...and man must learn to see his only confidence is, and remains...always in the One who speaks that. Who lives now in him, and for him.

Bringing that man to know "I am what I am by the grace of God".
Yes, I was just reading 1 Timothy 2. Also read where Satan knew he could not deceive Adam so he went after Eve. Adam wasn’t deceived by the enemy, he was driven by his love for his bride.

Israel

BANNED
Adultery is never OK...particularly of the spiritual sort.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Satan used a lie to start with.... “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

Eve knew then that was a lie, because she responded and told him only one tree was forbidden...

Satan then appealed to her telling her that God lied.

She replaced the truth she knew with a lie from Satan. And then she inticed Adam to do the same.

Adam failed in his responsibility to teach Eve, and then in his responsibility to lead the family after she had believed a lie

Artfuldodger

Satan used a lie to start with.... “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

Eve knew then that was a lie, because she responded and told him only one tree was forbidden...

Satan then appealed to her telling her that God lied.

She replaced the truth she knew with a lie from Satan. And then she inticed Adam to do the same.

Adam failed in his responsibility to teach Eve, and then in his responsibility to lead the family after she had believed a lie
That's what happened to that group in Romans 1. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator.

gemcgrew

Yes, I was just reading 1 Timothy 2. Also read where Satan knew he could not deceive Adam so he went after Eve. Adam wasn’t deceived by the enemy, he was driven by his love for his bride.
The Lord made all things for Himself. By His will they were created and have their being. They were created for His glory.

All things include Satan, Adam, Eve, etc. They all serve the purpose for which He created them.

Christ is coming!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Adam failed in his job as leader of the home.
Maybe God failed in his job when he made them gullible and put that tree there to set them up so he could punish them for doing what he knew they would do.

Israel

BANNED
What could not yet see the rightness/righteousness of Christ was being made into what could.

How God creates a "thing" able to see Him (even of clay), to have fellowship with Him, to know His joy...well, there's only One place to look to see that.

Yet, even what will not take "yes" as an answer may be changed.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Is lust as bad as adultery?

99.999999% of the people that ask this question do so to diminish the act of adultery by alluding to it being as commonplace as lust, and then quickly point out that being as such we are all equally guilty. Doing so we make ourselves feel better about ourselves......all in the same pot, so-to-speak.

What almost no one, and I mean NO ONE, ever bothers themselves to ask is "why" is lust as bad as adultery, and vice versa. I wonder if anyone here knows the answer, because it's a much more dire proposition than such a minimalistic, superficial, rationalization would suggest.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Maybe God failed in his job when he made them gullible and put that tree there to set them up so he could punish them for doing what he knew they would do.

Speaking only for myself, but when it comes down to God screwing up or ME, history invariably points the finger in my direction.

Let me ask you something NC, do you learn better from your mistakes or what you get right? Me, I'm dense and hard-headed. I learn from my mistakes, not what I get right. I remember the test questions I missed, not the ones I got correct. Consequences tend to enforce my memory. Are you like that or is it just me?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking only for myself, but when it comes down to God screwing up or ME, history invariably points the finger in my direction.

Let me ask you something NC, do you learn better from your mistakes or what you get right? Me, I'm dense and hard-headed. I learn from my mistakes, not what I get right. I remember the test questions I missed, not the ones I got correct. Consequences tend to enforce my memory. Are you like that or is it just me?
Agreed for the most part, but why make people to act like they do, then light them on fire for acting exactly like you designed them to? Sounds pretty sadistic to me. I don't buy it.

Oh, and I agree completely that adultery is wrong, btw. It's not the man or the woman by themselves who is at fault, either- it takes both.