Advice on a Bow for my Daughter

HuntinDawg89

16 year old daughter about 5'3", 100 lbs. Draw length will be approximately 24-25". She has killed 11 with a rifle. Now she wants a bow. Will be a beginner.

These are the ones I'm considering right now:

Mission Radik
Diamond Infinite Edge Pro
Bear Cruzer G2

Thanks in advance for your advice.

uturn

Don’t know anything about those bows per say but, if you can find a Bowtech Heartbreaker they are awesome bows and will take her wherever she wants to go with archery hunting!

I built one for my daughter! Bowtech also has an Eva Shockey model too they were produced more recent than the Heartbreaker.

I built a Matthews Mission for my wife some years ago as well!

I‘ve been seeing a few of the Infinite Edge Pro‘s at the club lately it looks like a good choice.

Good luck with her new journey...don’t forget to post some pictures!

dirttracker84

I've got a Mission craze that I have as a backup bow it has an adjustable draw weight and length that you can change without a press it goes from 24"to 30" on draw length and 40-70 on poundage if you're interested in this model text my cell at 706-914-6882 I'm willing to part with it. It's a good bow to grow with...

HuntinDawg89

I've got a Mission craze that I have as a backup bow it has an adjustable draw weight and length that you can change without a press it goes from 24"to 30" on draw length and 40-70 on poundage if you're interested in this model text my cell at 706-914-6882 I'm willing to part with it. It's a good bow to grow with...

Thanks. She can't draw anything close to 40 lbs. I bought her a Mission Radik a week ago. She has shot it 7 of 8 days so far and I've cranked it up two full turns already but she has a long way to go to get strong enough for an ethical bowhunter.

uturn

Don’t know anything about those bows per say but, if you can find a Bowtech Heartbreaker they are awesome bows and will take her wherever she wants to go with archery hunting!

I built one for my daughter! Bowtech also has an Eva Shockey model too they were produced more recent than the Heartbreaker.

I built a Matthews Mission for my wife some years ago as well!

I‘ve been seeing a few of the Infinite Edge Pro‘s at the club lately it looks like a good choice.

Good luck with her new journey...don’t forget to post some pictures!

FYI...there is a Heartbreaker on Archery Talk at the moment for sale!

hambone76

Let her shoot as many of the bows designed for her as possible and go with what suits her best.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I would look at the Diamond Edge youth bows. It will grow with her. Gets pretty good reviews

Tadder

Missions is a Great line of bows, the Radia is a good bow too start with. This will allow her time too build up and work on her forum and shoot placement. If She gets too really liking Bow hunting witch it sounds like she most likely will. Try her with the Mathews AVAIL. My daughter has shoot one of these for several years and loves it. She's taken deer , hogs, turkey , and even a fox in late season deer hunting. Congrats too you both and Welcome too Archery, Take her too a 3D shoot sometime.

Tadder

Thanks. She can't draw anything close to 40 lbs. I bought her a Mission Radik a week ago. She has shot it 7 of 8 days so far and I've cranked it up two full turns already but she has a long way to go to get strong enough for an ethical bowhunter.

HuntinDawg89

Missions is a Great line of bows, the Radia is a good bow too start with. This will allow her time too build up and work on her forum and shoot placement. If She gets too really liking Bow hunting witch it sounds like she most likely will. Try her with the Mathews AVAIL. My daughter has shoot one of these for several years and loves it. She's taken deer , hogs, turkey , and even a fox in late season deer hunting. Congrats too you both and Welcome too Archery, Take her too a 3D shoot sometime.

Thanks. I'm not new to archery. Been bowhunting on and off since 1986. I just picked it back up this summer after about 7 years off. During those years I guided my daughters to something like 17 deer. I didn't want to shoot anything myself because it wouldn't be around for my daughters to shoot.

Tadder

Thanks. I'm not new to archery. Been bowhunting on and off since 1986. I just picked it back up this summer after about 7 years off. During those years I guided my daughters to something like 17 deer. I didn't want to shoot anything myself because it wouldn't be around for my daughters to shoot.
I'M on the same page with you, I shoot the 1st deer I've taken in 16 yrs last season. Been there every yr with both my kids. Best wish too you both. Glad the young lady has the drive too get out with dad and hunt. Awesome. God Bless and Happy hunting.(y)

sportsman94

Don't underestimate what can be done with todays bows. Don't know if you are familiar with ranch fairy on youtube, but he had a user submitted story of a kid shooting 30 something pounds get a full pass through on a big Midwest doe. Range would be limited, but it would get her out there earlier. Good luck.

HuntinDawg89

Don't underestimate what can be done with todays bows. Don't know if you are familiar with ranch fairy on youtube, but he had a user submitted story of a kid shooting 30 something pounds get a full pass through on a big Midwest doe. Range would be limited, but it would get her out there earlier. Good luck.

Thanks I'll check it out. She has been shooting her bow like crazy and has gone from 20 lb draw to 36 lb draw. Starting to get pretty difficult though.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Thanks I'll check it out. She has been shooting her bow like crazy and has gone from 20 lb draw to 36 lb draw. Starting to get pretty difficult though.
Swimming laps in a pool will build the muscle strength she never knew she had to pull more weight fast if she really wants it.

Tadder

Pushups and setups works wonders for you. don't jump her DW too fast too keep her form and shoot placement there. She will be pulling 40lbs before she knows it. Best of luck.

Latest posts