Advice on Removing these?

GoldDot40

What year is the Dodge? A lot of that body style that I've seen, those sections of the front and rear door are satin black and NOT painted the body color. If so, you should be able to peel them off with not much worry. The residue left behind is removable with some patience and elbow grease.

bassboy1

I had a set of mirror covers and door handle covers on a used vehicle I bought. Pulled and pried with a plastic tool of some sort, and they came off. The tape held really well - the door handle covers pretty much all cracked when they came off, but the tape did release from the paint without damage.

hdgapeach

You ain't the first one that did what you're wanting to do. Do some inter-web searching for dodge de-badging / de-moulding b pillars, and you should get plenty of war stories of folks that have done this already.

My experience; heat, fishing line (or the mentioned dental floss), and plastic pry tools generally worked on everything I've de-badged. Never had the pleasure to try it on a Dodge product, though. That adhesive tape is some strong stuff. You'll ruin your b pillars if you go at it too strong.

Patience and don't go at it like a bull in a china shop and you (and the truck) should be fine.

Good luck!

ribber

All good advice. I'm pretty sure it's an adhesive that's holding them and it's not paint behind there, so will get them off this weekend.

27metalman

Had a Lincoln that had scratches on em'. Dealer popped em' off and popped new ones right on. Took about 5 minutes. I can't remember if it had two sided tape on it or not. Seems like they slid off? Can't remember. I bet a you-tube video exists.

Baroque Brass

If you know of a good body shop, you might check with them.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Some dodges had a tape like film on that area of the door. If you remove the chrome you will likely mess up that strip. If you’re lucky it will be painted under it and the residue can be removed with an eraser wheel. Or a solvent such as lacquer thinner.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Napalm ought to work.

GeorgiaGlockMan

slide a piece of dental floss behind and use it like a saw working your way down. make take several pieces but just be patient. then use adhesive remover and only rub in one direction. should clean right up..
patrick
This is what I did to remove the "6.7L" engine tag on my truck, but used braided fishing line....wear gloves!

georgia357

Great, thanks for the follow up.