Aerial and topo maps

Woody52

Hey guys,
Here is a website that has some great satellite pictures.
www.terraserver.microsoft.com
The only problem is that the photos are mainly of larger cities and suburban areas. Some are several years old, but it's a great tool to use prior to scouting. :flag:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Its not as good as it used to be I liked being able to type in a long/lat and get a map --------- No more :banginghe

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought delorme topo software and it is great as you can zoom and make maps of anywhere in the USA and based on the accuracy for our property which even shows some old logging roads I would say its pretty accurate.
I played with the arials on the web and found that they were outdated and some were done in the summer with foliage so made it hard to detect streams and valleys. Last year for xmas my wife had a company that flys the area do our property and they sent me two maps printed and the CD with a 45 meg file that shows our place and the surrounding area. You can bring it up enough to easily see our cabin and the outhouse beside it. The detail is great and because it was done at that time of the year the hardwood valleys ad creeks all show up different than the pine areas.................it was a great present and I have made quite a few maps off the cd.

marknga

GONetwork Member
try www.mytopo.com

You can put in an address and it will locate it for you. I've ordered aerial and topo maps from them and the customer service was great. You can get them in waterproof form also.

Mark