After 10 years I’ve settled on a new pup.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Actually two. These folks have labs and German Shepherds and one of the labs found his way in with the German Shepherds……and made some good looking pups.

I lost my dog and have tried to get another but just wasn’t attaching to them. But these little fellas are a different story, they got my attention pretty fast.

Both boys, Biscuit and Booger. Identical in color with the exception that Booger has a small white stripe on his nose. 1BCF506F-B27C-42EC-B236-CE7954980E4B.jpeg

WaltL1

Man those are great looking pups! Congrats.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Nothing like man’s best friend , good looking pups ! They should help look after some of them animals . Should be a really good cross “smart “
That’s what I’ve been reading. Seems like it’s going to be really good cross all the way around.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
With names like Biscuit and Booger what could possibly go wrong ?.

I know right. My blue healer was named skeeter, boxer was named liquor - he’d drink a root beer and burp, my son loved him. My Great Pyrenees was named monkey. And one of my oldest dogs I ever had (15 yrs) was named dog.

I thought I did pretty decent on dog names. But now they gotta have human names I guess.

pjciii

I know right. My blue healer was named skeeter, boxer was named liquor - he’d drink a root beer and burp, my son loved him. My Great Pyrenees was named monkey. And one of my oldest dogs I ever had (15 yrs) was named dog.

I thought I did pretty decent on dog names. But now they gotta have human names I guess.

I think you have a good looking pair and your right They look like the could have been litter mates.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Got ‘em home today. Final names are Mac and Tater. I agreed to name one a human name. These pups are so mature at 7 weeks it’s amazing. These were perfect timing, I’m loving these little dudes. My Grandboys have already been in the yard all afternoon with them. Gotta pen them up at night for about a week, just got them off their mom today. A8AFC80D-9E1E-4FCF-87AF-6BF5E6145E56.jpegDCF7FA5A-1787-4A9D-9B8D-D32AAA7C6EB5.jpeg708B8624-5821-4074-B22E-15DAD665631A.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That 2nd picture , pup on the right looks like he’ll get into something in a heartbeat ?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That 2nd picture , pup on the right looks like he’ll get into something in a heartbeat ?
Yup, that’s Tater, he’s the sneaky one! Mac has a very small white streak on his face. My youngest grandson might take one once they get into their new house and my daughter said it needed a human name. She just don’t know Mac is short for Mac and cheese in my mind!

Last edited:

JDBrown

Good looking pups, Makes me miss having a dog. I had a German shepherd, Black and Tan mix when I was younger, smartest dog I've ever had, loyal and loving, biggest squirrel dog I ever seen, loved to tree em! He had the shepherd coloration, with long legs, big paws and flop ears, named him Roscoe.