Aftermarket left hand stock (Squirrel killer got new duds!)

I love squirrel hunting. I have owned a slew of .22 long rifles, but the instant I got my savage 93F I had a sale on 22 rifles. It is a shooter! Being a leftie, it was the first gun I purchased with a left hand action. I didnt know what I had been missing. Saying that, I wanted to dress up the rifle with a stock more like my deer rifle. Selection is very limited in aftermarket lefthand stocks. Until I called Richard's Microfit Stocks. They will make any stock you want! Came in today. $129. Brown laminate. Nice cheek swell on the correct side of the stock for me!
Resized_20200529_094320.jpegjResized_20200529_094328.jpeg

The list of options Microfit offers is amazing. They will make a lefthand stock for a righthanded action. I may order that for a model 700 I still use. They call it a left shooter/right action.

rosewood

Savage is one of the few companies that makes left handed rifles. I have ran across a few over the years for sale. I am righty, so never needed one, but considered a purchase in the event I had a lefty friend that needed a loaner. My nephew is lefty but I set him up with a CVA single shot that is ambidextrous for deer.

Rosewood

ditchdoc24

Looks like it's going to be pretty sweet when you get it done! I managed to find a left hand thumbhole stock for my 96 Mauser in 6.5x55 and I'm in the process of fitting it for my barreled action. It's not easy to find replacement stocks for left handed shooters. I'm so used to using right handed bolt guns as a lefty, I normally don't worry about getting a left handed stock. However, I wanted to replace the stock on my 96 Mauser because it wasn't comfortable to shoot. I figured I might as well make it more user friendly for me.

Gbr5pb

Looks good! Am sorta disappointed grandson not turning out lefty me and his dad was. Would give me more excuses to get left hand stuff if I had someone to leave it to

A few years ago I got a 1965 marlin model 39A. The plastic shim between the pistol grip cap, butplate, and stock had shrunken and cracked. I replaced it with plastic cut off of a white five gallon bucket lid. I like the detail and plan on doing it on this stock as well. Resized_20200529_160342.jpeg

Darkhorse

I'm glad to see someone post about a lefthand gun. Of course way back when I started tagging along on squirrel and rabbit hunts nobody made lefthand stocks. It was simply not an option. So I shot and owned RH guns.
I learned to shoot them well and work a RH action LH'ed pretty good. But they never felt just right.
So Remington came out with the model 700 in a LH version and I lusted after one. Finally I had saved up enough to get a M700 LH in 7mm Remington Magnum. Finally I had a rifle that felt right!
Today I own 3 lefthand rifles and I've built 2 LH flintlocks. I have a Browning Maxus that is almost ambidextrous and have owned a couple of O/U's with straight stocks that fit pretty well.
I support companys that offer true lefthand actions and rifles. I will not buy a gun from a maker that doesn't offer a LH option.
BTW, I like that little rifle. Maybe I'll check into one.

I'm glad to see someone post about a lefthand gun. Of course way back when I started tagging along on squirrel and rabbit hunts nobody made lefthand stocks. It was simply not an option. So I shot and owned RH guns.
I learned to shoot them well and work a RH action LH'ed pretty good. But they never felt just right.
So Remington came out with the model 700 in a LH version and I lusted after one. Finally I had saved up enough to get a M700 LH in 7mm Remington Magnum. Finally I had a rifle that felt right!
Today I own 3 lefthand rifles and I've built 2 LH flintlocks. I have a Browning Maxus that is almost ambidextrous and have owned a couple of O/U's with straight stocks that fit pretty well.
I support companys that offer true lefthand actions and rifles. I will not buy a gun from a maker that doesn't offer a LH option.
BTW, I like that little rifle. Maybe I'll check into one.
I'm going to look hard at a Tikka T1x .22lr when they import the left hand rifle here. Love my left hand T3 30-06.

Darkhorse

Last time I looked both Taylor and Martin offered LH versions of some of their best guitars. I have an older model Martin DX1 with a one piece top and it was made in the United States. I had an action job done so it was easier for me to play.
Cheap guitar yes, but a lot of guys who know about guitars have either played it or heard it played and comment on how good it sounds and I agree with them.
Personally I wanted a LH D28 but my shoulder problems made me hang my Martin on the wall so that's out.