Ahahahahaha.....

WaltL1

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
My cousin is a laughing Baptist. He said it’s a sign of a joyful heart. My question to him was “are professional mourners really sad?

I mean really, if you’re making yourself do it......

gordon 2

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

atlashunter

Copeland may have picked this up from Kenneth Hagin. You can see a younger version of Copeland in this video at a Hagin led service.

Notice that Hagin says this is the first time they had a manifestation like this and also notice the manifestation just happened to come in the same service where he first gives an explanation from scripture why they might be expected to act this way. I never saw this in person but did grow up in churches like this. I even remember Hagin visiting our church in Fort Worth in the 80’s. He was a highly revered faith healer and would anoint “prayer cloths” that could then be taken to heal an ailing friend or family member. I remember someone left a piece of plastic at the alter and they said that it wouldn’t work with plastic, that it had to be cloth. Even as a kid that struck me as odd. It’s pretty interesting to observe this behavior. There is something psychological going on there that I still don’t really understand even though I grew up immersed in it.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Copeland may have picked this up from Kenneth Hagin. You can see a younger version of Copeland in this video at a Hagin led service.

Notice that Hagin says this is the first time they had a manifestation like this and also notice the manifestation just happened to come in the same service where he first gives an explanation from scripture why they might be expected to act this way. I never saw this in person but did grow up in churches like this. I even remember Hagin visiting our church in Fort Worth in the 80’s. He was a highly revered faith healer and would anoint “prayer cloths” that could then be taken to heal an ailing friend or family member. I remember someone left a piece of plastic at the alter and they said that it wouldn’t work with plastic, that it had to be cloth. Even as a kid that struck me as odd. It’s pretty interesting to observe this behavior. There is something psychological going on there that I still don’t really understand even though I grew up immersed in it.

OK. You win. Hand him the trophy. I don't thing that one can be topped. I simply never.......smh.

There is something psychological going on there that I still don’t really understand

Ya reckon??? I call it stupid, but that's not exactly a psychological condition as much as it is an intellectual one. Apparently judging by the expressions on their faces these poor, misguided, souls conception of God is someone who turns everyone he 'touches' into a Mayberry RFD character.
A56BD144-DBA1-43F5-9036-8F2D772F0896.jpeg

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

Those are the type of services / preachers / etc that I walk out / away from and go to the Waffle House.

atlashunter

Those are the type of services / preachers / etc that I walk out / away from and go to the Waffle House.

Yeah... if only this was the most nutty thing christians did and believed in.

atlashunter

Why are so many in that crowd taking part? Are they all faking? And why isn’t this more widespread among Christians?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’m sure you’re considered nutty by some folk - just consider the source.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Why are so many in that crowd taking part? Are they all faking? And why isn’t this more widespread among Christians?
That crowd is a crowd of like minded people.

Because most of us know them that labor among us.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
There is something psychological going on there that I still don’t really understand even though I grew up immersed in it.
why isn’t this more widespread among Christians?
Rather than try to paint Christianity as “nutty” - ever think that even Christians can see through folks also?

But, there really is something psychological going on with those that think “there’s something nutty with you because your conclusions differ from mine” it’s called the little man syndrome ::ke: They’re usually those throwing labels on folks :cool:

WaltL1

Having grown up Catholic, where the funniest thing that happened during a service was.... well..... nothing, I cant even imagine this kind of thing going on.

atlashunter

Rather than try to paint Christianity as “nutty” - ever think that even Christians can see through folks also?

But, there really is something psychological going on with those that think “there’s something nutty with you because your conclusions differ from mine” it’s called the little man syndrome ::ke: They’re usually those throwing labels on folks :cool:

So you take issue with anyone calling that nutty? Is there some other way you would prefer to characterize it to paint it in a better light? I suspect if these were sheep of another flock you wouldn't be quite so defensive.

atlashunter

That crowd is a crowd of like minded people.

Because most of us know them that labor among us.

If you know them maybe you could shed some light on the questions I asked. What exactly is going on with those people? Are they acting? Being disingenuous? Going with the crowd? Falling under the power of suggestion of the preacher? Or is that really the spirit of god working on them? Or is it demonic spirits working on them? I've heard christians make that claim too. What do you make of it?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So you take issue with anyone calling that nutty? Is there some other way you would prefer to characterize it to paint it in a better light? I suspect if these were sheep of another flock you wouldn't be quite so defensive.
I take issue with you referring to Christianity as nutty. Just because someone is Christian doesn’t mean they never do anything that just doesn’t make sense or isn’t correct. They’re still human, they learn as they grow. But if I pointed this video out first you’d been accusing me of judging saying “they’re not real Christians”. But since you pointed it out, then “Yeah... if only this was the most nutty thing christians did and believed in”.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you know them maybe you could shed some light on the questions I asked. What exactly is going on with those people? Are they acting? Being disingenuous? Going with the crowd? Falling under the power of suggestion of the preacher? Or is that really the spirit of god working on them? Or is it demonic spirits working on them? I've heard christians make that claim too. What do you make of it?
I picked up on the “something isn’t right” with those in that video just like you did. There’s nothing Christian about recognizing that.

I don’t know what’s going on, I just know it don’t feel / sound right.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

You know Atlas, I gotta ask “ Are Christians and Blacks the only 2 classes of people you insult routinely, or are we just at the top of your list when you feel the need to denigrate someone else in order to feel better about who you are?

atlashunter

I picked up on the “something isn’t right” with those in that video just like you did. There’s nothing Christian about recognizing that.

I don’t know what’s going on, I just know it don’t feel / sound right.

Exactly the impression many christian beliefs and practices make on nonbelievers. But that point aside it does leave one to wonder why the disparate experiences between people following and supposedly in communication with the same god.