Alexa Listens

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Me: Hey Alexa, massage my feet.

Alexa: I’m sorry, I cannot do that.

Me: That’s it! You’re going back to Amazon, honey!

:bounce:

zedex

Gator Bait
I have no use for the device, but have to ask.. it was in the news a while back about Alexa accessing nearby cell phones.

Given that, it would seem to me that if cell phones are used in the man cave or bedroom, Alexa still listens in.

Technology is a good thing but seems to serve more of a dark purpose lately. Too much invasion of privacy

Tom W.

There's an Alexa on my tablet.i sometimes accidentally hit the icon and it immediately asks if I will allow it to do certain things. I always deny it and swipe the annoying thing away.i also don't use the camera on my tablet, and have no idea if I can use it for a phone or not.

sinclair1

I have no use for the device, but have to ask.. it was in the news a while back about Alexa accessing nearby cell phones.

Given that, it would seem to me that if cell phones are used in the man cave or bedroom, Alexa still listens in.

Technology is a good thing but seems to serve more of a dark purpose lately. Too much invasion of privacy
Yeah Alexa and Siri are friends, they talk to each other. The phone is just as invasive. We play the tech game Monday thru Friday and gilligans island in Hancock.
We don't walk around saying our social security numbers or bank passwords so her listening is not that big of deal. We are not important people that someone would listen for long if they did.

My wife loves the ability to just name a song for her to play or ask for a recipe while cooking or to turn on the undercabinet lights.

The reminder is nice. You don't have to input stuff into your calendar. Just say set reminder For blank on dec 12 at 2 pm

You can limit where you put it or throw it in the garage if you need to, it's not glued to the table.

sinclair1

The phone is twice as invasive. It knows what time you get off work and if you run blue tooth it has a pattern on you to send adverts based on where you pass on the road by running a algorithm with your car radio.

Soon as your phone detects the blue tooth siri knows you're in the car.

Cmp1

BANNED
There's an Alexa on my tablet.i sometimes accidentally hit the icon and it immediately asks if I will allow it to do certain things. I always deny it and swipe the annoying thing away.i also don't use the camera on my tablet, and have no idea if I can use it for a phone or not.
There's an App for that,,,,

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I don’t have Alexa and don’t plan too. We were on a call the other day and I noticed an Alexa device in that home. I’m sure some public safety will make a random statement and be persecuted for it because of the device. Great reminder to always stay professional.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Alexa, how do I get banded?

LTZ25

The phone is twice as invasive. It knows what time you get off work and if you run blue tooth it has a pattern on you to send adverts based on where you pass on the road by running a algorithm with your car radio.

Soon as your phone detects the blue tooth siri knows you're in the car.
Yep , it tells me how far to the house or where ever it figures I'm headed and believe it patterns me just like these deer hunters with 25 cameras in the woods . But I bet HB ain't got a camera in any tree .

leroy

Ask my wife if the buttermilk was bad in the fridge, then this popped up in my news feed couple days later. Lol

Attachments

• 20191202_213031.jpg
    20191202_213031.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1