All Hallows Eve has passed

Madman

All Hallows' Eve has passed and we prepare for the Feast of All Saints on November 1st.

I took two photos of my kids. This was the first time they've been in the US for Halloween, so they had a blast trick-or-treating. In Slovakia, that's a very foreign tradition, viewed with suspicion that it substitutes for the religious observances. The other photo was the next day, trying to light a candle at my grandparents grave(real windy, and all these level with the ground gravestones don't give any wind break), what's done in parts of Europe on the eight days starting with All Saints day.
Wanted to show friends over there that one observance doesn't exclude the other.
Though, there are a lot of people now with rather horrifying Halloween decorations- zombies, severed limbs, and other frightening stuff.

Madman

I took two photos of my kids. This was the first time they've been in the US for Halloween, so they had a blast trick-or-treating. In Slovakia, that's a very foreign tradition, viewed with suspicion that it substitutes for the religious observances. The other photo was the next day, trying to light a candle at my grandparents grave(real windy, and all these level with the ground gravestones don't give any wind break), what's done in parts of Europe on the eight days starting with All Saints day.
Wanted to show friends over there that one observance doesn't exclude the other.
Though, there are a lot of people now with rather horrifying Halloween decorations- zombies, severed limbs, and other frightening stuff.
Yes. We have allowed the nightmarish to take over a solemn Christian observance.
Teach your children about soul cakes.