All Members Read...forum Update

GeauxLSU

Jim Thompson said:
I would suggest to all members...copy your PMs just in case. Most likely we will lose nothing though.

Jim
Hey Jim,
Are we now going to get 100 PMs on our account (instead of the current 50) like we get from the GONetwork? ::; :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Phil, based on what you do for a living .............

I really hesitate to question you on anything to do with #'s .................. but, here goes :shoot:

I really thought our GON, network pm limit was 100 :confused: ... ;) ... ::ke: ... :p

leo

southernclay

Woody, You da man.
As long as there is no regime change I'm sure this place will remain the same place we have all spent hours enjoying ourselves on. To all of the mods thanks for putting all of your hours of work into it.

Meriwether Mike

My thanks to Woody and the moderators who keep this site the great place to visit and discuss hunting and fishing. Hope that all goes well with the transition and Woodys remains a great place to visit. We all hate change, but it is part of a growing process and will take us all to a better Woodys in the future. :type:

GeauxLSU

leo said:
I really hesitate to question you on anything to do with #'s .................. but, here goes :shoot:
I really thought our GON, network pm limit was 100 :confused: ... ;) ... ::ke: ... :p
leo
Leo,
It is. That's what I'm asking. Will we now go UP to 100 (like the GONetwork) instead of our current 50 limit.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
GeauxLSU said:
Leo,
It is. That's what I'm asking. Will we now go UP to 100 (like the GONetwork) instead of our current 50 limit.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil
Some of ya'll are just too popular....

It is already changed Phil.

Jim

Derek

I bet GON will want to publish some of these Threads that we get going on here. I think we've just about got the world's problems solved on here.

Thanks Everybody for keepin er' runnin :fine: :fine:

QuakerBoy

100 pm's?

I think if I saved every PM I ever got I wouldn't have 100 :bounce:

I didn't think yall hated me that much :p

Thans for the update Woody and Jim,

Hoping the changes are for the best :)

GeauxLSU

Jim Thompson said:
Some of ya'll are just too popular....
It is already changed Phil.
Jim
Thanks Jim! I'm at 51 and LOVING it! I feel like... (you ready for a good south Louisiana saying?....) "I'm running naked with my shrimp boots on!"
:yeah:
There's a visual to get everyone's Monday off to a roaring start!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Skipper

Banned
I think it will be a good move for Woody and the board in general.

I have issue with a statement that all material posted on the new board will be of the sole ownership of GON! I believe GON should be required to have written permission to use any info, pictures, or posts by members of the board. I would hope GON wouldn't use, quote, or in other way use information of a poster without first getting their permission, but if I am not mistaken, the way it is going to be, that anything posted on the new board wil be of sole ownership of GON. I have issue with only that so far.

Maybe some now understand why I watermarked my photos. If GON publishes them, the need to pay appropriate fees just like Tennessee Valley Outdoors and some of the other magazines I sell to. Elsewise, they can publish it with my copyright on it for everyone to see the did so without purchasing the rights.

Skipper

D

dave

GON/GONetwork Conquest Continues

I can't wait for the High-Fence hunting ads in the Shopping Mall forum. :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :banginghe :(

stumpman

Banned
Dave we are planning a high fenced hunt for the guys on the board it only cost 7500.00 the pen i mean woods are a large 5 acre tract of open hard woods and there are 50 big bucks to choose from can we count you in on this hunt? ::ke
:clap:

GeauxLSU

dave said:
I can't wait for the High-Fence hunting ads in the Shopping Mall forum. :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :banginghe :(
Thanks. I hadn't thought about that... :mad:
Here's hoping the boards will stay EXACTLY like they are... ::;
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sure hope nuttin changes. This is the greatest place on the web.

Handgunner

I'm late on this, but Woody, Admin. Mod's, y'all have my support 100%... If y'all are for it, I trust that you made the right decision.

It sounds like y'all have! Having said that...

"For the thousands in attendance, and the MILLIONS nationwide, Ladies and Gentlemen, llllleeeeeeeeeeeeetttssssssssss get ready toooooo ruuuuuuummmmmmmbblleeeeeeeeee!!!!" :yeah:

Change is good y'all. The mind is like a parachute, it works best when open!

See y'all on the "other side"! :fine:

whiskers

The change over.

I don't know wether to like it or not. I guess I will wait and see what happens. I my opinion if GON has control of the board, it will quickly become like the one most of us left before. I hope not, but I am not optimistic for the future of the board if GON has control. Hope I am wrong.

Whiskers ::huh: ::huh: ::huh:

BowFan

I guess its going full circle.

Years ago GON had a web board, but you had to be a GON subscriber to join. I was, so the board was a great bonus to the subscription. :type:

After a while they shut 'er down and recommended Woody's site. Sure glad they did! (and that Woody's didn't require a subscription... I haven't had any subscription material worth mounting in a couple years) :p

Anybody remember why GON originally shut down their board?

You've done a great hunting community service, Woody and all your hardworkin moderators!

Hope the taxidermy shop has prospered as a by-product and hope you continue to prosper at the shop! :fine: