All Set!

quailchaser

Just bought my plane ticket to travel to the great state of Wisconsin in November to deer hunt. Can't wait to get to God's Country. Hopefully I'll be able to get that nice 11 pointer that has been roaming around my stand last year. ::; That is if a bowhunter doesn't get him first. :cry: If someone is able to tag him, I sure want to meet that person and shake their hand because they were able to outsmart one smart buck.

cowboyron

Qailchaser, I don't know about Gods country, maybe maybe cheese country. If you want to go to Gods Country you need to come visit us in Gilchrist Co. Fl.
All joking aside Good Luck with the 11 pointer, hope you be the one to tag that ol' Boy.

quailchaser

cowboyron,
I hear you about cheese country. Trust me, whenever I go up there I bring back about a 6 month supply of cheese. Buy it direct from the factory. Don't get no better than that.

ufg8r93

WI huntin'

Didn't even see this post prior to mine. Where in WI?

quailchaser

I'll be hunting in Marinette County off of HWY 8 near a small town called Goodman.
No outfitter, Jim. My Dad and a bunch of guys have been hunting this area for about 30-35 years. We have lost most members over the years, but some of us are trying to keep the tradition alive. We set up camp in the woods and hunt for 3 1/2 days. It takes a minimum of 4 to set up camp (this year is going to be cutting it close). Everything runs off propane. We have to go to one of the local taverns to fill up our water jugs. I started hunting with this group as a teenager, then moved away and was not able to make it for a awhile. Started making the trip again about 7 years ago. It is a great time.