Allatoona Striper Search- where are they today

EClass

When everyone says Little River, are they talking from the bridge to the big lake? Or do people actually go upstream of the launching ramp.

I go up past the falls to the big bay. It is the inlet to I 575. It is sketchy if you don't know where the channel is. I studied Google Maps but it isn't 100% accurate. Channel is always changing some.

weneroux

Sorry I couldnt make it to Carters. Today is an awesome day. I have to pick my mom up at the airport tonight, and pick up my son Sunday night. I will also be making a trip to Carters one day this week, and hopefully a second trip next week. If I see you, I'll be sure to swing over and check in. Good luck fishing with your dad.

Trapnfish

I got 3 hybrids at the start of the etowa just off fields landing they were just a 2 minute drive to the right of the ramp I saw a lot of nice fish on the surface and marked some fish too we caught them all on live bait i hope this helps you guys.

Last edited:

mtr3333

Banned
The Hybrids are going gangbusters on Toona! The best bite is early around the Galts area.

weneroux

Gonna launch Monday at Galt's and fish from BC to Kellogg's. Will update tomorrow if we see anything.

mpwarrak

Umm, did you go in the thunderstorm today? If so, hope you're ok....

toonaboys

I can tell you the white bass have started slow up the etowah only a few on the fly. Marked alot of fish in the s-turns into gar bay

weneroux

We finally hit them today and hit em hard landing 1 striper and 3 nice hybrids. We launched at Blockhouse after buying bait at striper soup. All fish were caught south of 75 in 13 feet of water using freelines and side planers.

mpwarrak

Very nice! You've been trying hard, glad you finally got on 'em! What time of day did you catch them?

EClass

Nice. Hard work finally paid off.

We stayed North again on Sat. and caught only spots. One hit literally 15 seconds after I had the Giz in the water. We have caught Hybs around Sweetwater and Fields Landing past (3) Aprils so I am hoping soon they will appear.

Probably come south this weekend though. Lake will be muddy up north for at least a week with the rains.

weneroux

Headed out at first light Wednesday. Think we hit Galts this time.

weneroux

Btw, went out this afternoon and the southend was really stained. We may fish iron hill tomorrow instead of galts. I think it will be clearer, and I need to get out early to catch bait, so will launch at Blockhouse.

the HEED!

Banned
fishing in front of the spillway...thought hybrids would be heading up to the creeks rivers, heck with all this rain they could jump the spillway into Lake Acworth! Nice Hybrids!

weneroux

Marked a large school of hybrid feeding on bait in Clark Creek Monday morning.