Alligator euro mount

bubbafowler

Looking for suggestions on alligator euro mount. One that's not gonna cost $500. It's for a friend and he's just not gonna pay that. I currently have mine at fortners, but he's high. Prefer close to coweta County

sghoghunter

Look Stacy up on Facebook if you have it if not I can shoot you a pm tomorrow with his information. Only thing is he’s in Waycross but you’ll save enough money that it’ll be worth the trip. He has box’s that he uses beetles the clean them instead of boiling. He done my gator a few yrs ago and has also do quite a few deer too

Attachments

• CFE27449-EBAA-4DF4-8CDB-A6C4C5662E04.png
    CFE27449-EBAA-4DF4-8CDB-A6C4C5662E04.png
    601.2 KB · Views: 84

Todd E

I dropped my skull off today to my taxidermist. I do all of my others. I'm not going to mess with a gator I waited years to be able to get. I'm entrusting it to the beetles.
He charges by the inch for euros on gators. $30 an inch, I think it is.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I currently have mine at fortners, but he's high.

You get what you pay for. Chris is the man.

Chris gets all of my work. He's just that dang good.

FOLES55

Check out White Bone Creations, Ryan Olsen.

Bigbendgyrene

No reason to pay someone much money for euros if you've got an out-of-the-way spot you don't mind smelling bad a week or so, and are willing to invest an initial $25 to $50 bucks for an aquarium heater, tote or bucket, dawn diswashing detergent, and hydrogen peroxide, with many of us likely having most of those items around the house already.

Truly as simple as leaving in PLAIN OLD WATER heated by the aquarium heater until flesh completely comes off (aquarium heater only heats enough to encourage fast bacterial decay / not enough to damage bone as higher-temp boiling sometimes can do), then soak in soapy (dawn) water until any greasy spots are grease free, and finally a soak in water mixed with hydrogen peroxide until white as you want it (can coat with higher concentrate from hair salons if want very white, but given enough time weaker hydrogen peroxide works just fine as well). Picture below shows just how simple my setup is. With lots of hogs around, over the years I invested in 3 aquarium heaters so I could do multiple skulls at one time -- had the pictured buck and two hog skulls going at one time in the pic below.

Setup.jpg

Only thing about gators are that the skull breaks apart into plates and you have to re-assemble them a bit and teeth will fall out as well. But no more challenging to reassemble than doing a child's puzzle. One below is a gator I legally harvested from my pond a few years ago.

Gator.jpg

Here are most of the deer euros I've done to date with just that same simple setup I shared above...

DSCN0615 (2).jpg

Even took a skull from a road kill buck with damaged horns to use for attaching antlers from my first buck ever harvested many, many moons ago (mid-1980s), as I'd just cut the top of the skull plate off and wished for all the subsequent years that I'd done a euro instead. Cut the old horns off clean at the pedicle base and used a bit of wire and epoxy to marry the skull and antlers together. Honestly, not as much about trying to save money for me as it is enjoying doing my own work, as makes for a pretty easy and fun hobby.

Repair.jpg

Last edited: