Alligator for next season

bscrandall

I’ve been putting in priority points only applications for the gator hunts for a handful of years and have amassed 6 points, which looks like it’s enough to get drawn for the most part. So my question is how does the selecting a zone work and which are the best? Also if anyone has any guide recommendations (possibly with some rates) let me know. Also the reg book says up to 3 hunters are allowed on an application, so does that mean I could do a party application and include 2 buddies and we’d all get a tag? Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
You can bring two buddies but only one tag. Zone 2 is my favorite. @REDNECK1 guides there with good success from what I hear. If you have a boat, you can DIY. I have 3 from Zone 2 all DIY. Biggest 12’ 3”. Good luck. You’ll have a blast either way.

cowhornedspike

If you do a party application then each of you need to have plenty of points or the most that you can use is however many the lowest person has.
You can take other hunters with you and they don't need to be drawn. They will need to have a hunting license. Anyone can "hunt" the gator as long as the permit holder is in the boat but the limit is still one total.