Alligator Guide Recommendations

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Here you go. Make your recommendations, but remember:
This thread is for recommendations only and not for the advertisement of services.
This is not a spot for argument about who is the best or the worst.
Any members wishing to make a derogatory post will have to find another spot.​

Al33

I gladly recommend Jerry Russel with Russel Outdoor Guide Service. He has the boat rigged out for gator hunting and knows what he is doing. I went with him, his son Luke, and his friend Larry in pursuit of my 2012 gator and it paid off. These guys worked hard trying to get me shot opportunities and they DO love to go for them.:cool:

Attachments

• GatorHubt9-26-12 (3).jpg
    GatorHubt9-26-12 (3).jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 2,769

RUGERWARRIOR

happyacresexpeditions.com. Gary Fry is top notch around the cost and also ventures to zone 4. Zone 4 isn't known for a lot of big gators but that's where he guided me to a 10' 8" lizard. This guy is good and a good guy. Look up frydaddy40 on the forum here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,749
Last edited:

groundhawg

IMHO I feel that one of the most caring guides for alligator hunting in the south-west part of the state is Chris Blackmon, on here as Redneck1. By caring I mean he really trys to insure you have a safe and successful trip. I have hunted a few other critters with guides and none have ever worked harder to get me the kind of trophy I wanted. He has all the equipment and knowledge needed to make your hunt safe, fun and thrilling.

If hunting Zones 1, 2, or 3 give Chris a call or PM.

biker13

IMHO I feel that one of the most caring guides for alligator hunting in the south-west part of the state is Chris Blackmon, on here as Redneck1. By caring I mean he really trys to insure you have a safe and successful trip. I have hunted a few other critters with guides and none have ever worked harder to get me the kind of trophy I wanted. He has all the equipment and knowledge needed to make your hunt safe, fun and thrilling.

If hunting Zones 1, 2, or 3 give Chris a call or PM.

I will second this.Chris is good people

ben300win

Michael Evans aka. MICHAEL on here is a great guide for a good price. I hunted with two buddies using him in 2011. We all had multiple shot opportunities on 8' or larger gators in zone 9. He has it down to a science. I shot a 11-4" gator and my buddy shot a 9-6" gator the same night. We went for two nights and saw over a hundred gators. I will be going back with him next year too. Great guy.

ronvargo

I just booked Gary Frye with Happyacresexpeditions.com. After emails back and forth and a few phone calls, he had me sold. I cant wait!!

Bigbuck79

Best alligator guide? I say Gary Frye!

I hunted with Gary at happy acres expeditions about 4 years ago. We hunted in Zone 6 and he lead me to harvest a 8 1/2 ft gator in less than 27 minutes!!! Now killing a gator ain't something you forget so when it come time to take my 12 yr old after his first ,I knew who I needed to call. Gary was great ,he showed my son exactly how to shoot the cross bow and put my son at ease! It took about 5 hrs but my son Carson harvested a nice 7ft gator in zone 6. He genuinely cares for his clients. I could have booked with someone else but I wanted my son to meet OL Gary!!
Thank you Gary!! We will be seeing you again real soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,767

trophytaker

Jeff Keahey is a great Guide in Zone 1-2.... Nice 22 ft. center console boat..He books up fast..with a very high success rate... Very Professional 770-315-5528.

pearidge

Mark Willingham of Willingham Outdoor services can put you on the gators. I've been on two trips with him and both times had numerous shots at gators. He's a good Christian man that will work his tail off to get you that shot of a lifetime. The guy is a true outdoorsman.
The attached picture is of me and Mark a few years back in zone 2 which he knows very well. The gator is only an 8 footer but we were playing around with the camera to make it look like a monster. "Ha Ha" We got some laughs out of the guys back home wishing they were with us.
Give Mark a call (770-826-4975), (Hurry up while he still has some days left) I promise you want regret it.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,636

LonePine

I'd highly recommend Gary Frye with Happy Acres Expeditions for Zone 7 and surrounding areas. Gary is an awesome guide that is full of knowledge and ensures your hunt goes smoothly and safely. We saw 30+ gators in 4 hours before closing the deal on a 9+ footer. Can't wait to go on another trip with him in the future.

Patsy mask

Jeff keahey aka freedom 22

I went out hunting with Jeff opening weekend and he put us on several gators before finding me one I'd be happy with. He is very professional and runs a first class outfit. He uses a 23 foot bay boat that can handle up to 5 people comfortably while gator hunting. They also offer a HD video tape of the hunt. Don't let your tag go to waste, call him. 770 315 5528 also on GON as FREEDOM22

Attachments

• patsy mask 10'.jpg
    patsy mask 10'.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,421
  • pmask 10'.jpg
    pmask 10'.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,413

biker13

Redneck1 zone 2

Aug 24th with Chris on seminole 12 foot

Attachments

• 12 fott alligator mine.jpg
    12 fott alligator mine.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,388
Last edited:

KBD431

Chris Blackmon 678-878-8538

10 footer Lake Seminole Friday night 9/16/2016.

We hooked 4 gators that night and saw dozens. This beast fought for an hour and 15 minutes before we were able to final get it to the boat.

I recommend Chris Blackmon as a guide, on here as Redneck1.

Attachments

• File Sep 19, 9 37 40 PM.jpg
    File Sep 19, 9 37 40 PM.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,368
  • File Sep 19, 9 43 48 PM.jpg
    File Sep 19, 9 43 48 PM.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,421
  • File Sep 19, 9 41 59 PM.jpg
    File Sep 19, 9 41 59 PM.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,383

Hunter-Steve

10 footer Lake Seminole Friday night 9/16/2016.

We hooked 4 gators that night and saw dozens. This beast fought for an hour and 15 minutes before we were able to final get it to the boat.

I recommend Chris Blackmon as a guide, on here as Redneck1.

I hunted with Chris in 2014. Got an 11' 7" gator. He knows how to find them and get you on one.

tallen92

Hunted with Jeff Keahey last year on eufaula with two tags starting out and 30 minutes later we had one tag filled with a 13 footer and didn't quit till the sun came up being our call to stop, the guys a go getter and doesn't stop. He has years of professional experience catching gators. Very organized and well set up. If you get Seminole or the eufaula area I would definitely give him a call.

Zone 6 or 7

I definitely recommend Ryan Beasley with Beasley's Alligator Guide service. I hunted with him in zone 6 last year. Saw tons of gators but had my mind set on an 8+ footer. Ended up with one just under 10 foot. Ryan knows gator hunting and he has guided hunts for some monsters in zone 7. Give him a shout on Facebook or call him at 912-294-5211